Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Profiling and calibrating DLP Projector  (Read 5970 times)
boku

« on: May 21, 2006, 07:21:52 AM »
ReplyReply

I am not really sure what forum to stuff this under. I am going to be traveling on/off for the next week or so, so I may not get back right away to explain this question any better. I thought my dilemma (if there even is one) might be common to others facing this (resolved or not).

I just ordered a Dell 2400MP DLP projector (~3000 lumen). I will be using it with a notebook computer (Del Inspiron 1505E) to produce photographic critique/educational/training presentations for groups between 5-50 people. I also ordered a 92" diagonal portable screen with a 50 degree throw. Budget, but the prices on this stuff finally reached a level that it made sense for me to jump in the water.

I understand that the quality of this rig may not be state-of-the-art. I also realize that digital projection has been getting better, but is not yet truly mature. Nevertheless, I want to optimize color fidelity, brightness, and contrast to the extent possible.

What products and techniques should be used? I will probably be using this rig in various dimly lit (but not dark) rooms. Assuming I do need to profile and calibrate, must this be repeated at each venue or session, or is there a way of determining an average (close enough) profile to use.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...
Play it Straight and Play it True, my Brother.
Jonathan Wienke

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 05:35:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Gretag-Macbeth offers a package that can profile projectors. I forget the name, but search their site and I'm sure you can find it.

digitaldog

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 06:58:01 PM »
ReplyReply

The GretagMacbeth Eye-One with the Beamer module works great. I never travel without it.

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
ErikKaffehr

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 09:44:39 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

Colorvision Spyder Pro 2 comes with an accessory so it can be used for calibrating monitors. I happen to own one, but I'm not really sure how well it works. I guess that you may need a real spectrometer to get it really right. The spyder pro is cheap, so it may be worth a try.

Erik

The GretagMacbeth Eye-One with the Beamer module works great. I never travel without it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=66229\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad