Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Photo Rag Satin & Photo Black  (Read 2265 times)
SusanBooth

« on: June 19, 2006, 08:31:57 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi... being relatively new to fine art printing, I was wondering if anyone has had experience using the Hannamuhle Photo Rag Satin with the Photo Black Ink on a Epson 4800?  I am getting relatively pleasing results using Ilford Smooth Pearl, but now that I wish to move to some fine art prints, I was wondering if there is a discenrable print quality when using photo black instead of the mat black.  Guess I am concerned with the cost and hassle of swapping inks and hoping I may still get good results.  Any hands on experience and tips would be welcome before I go out anf buy my the Photo Rag Sation ...  the fine Art Pearl seems impossible to get over here in Perth, Western Australia. Thanks, Susan
JeffKohn

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 02:19:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Photo Rag Satin requires matte ink for best results (it's also a pretty ugly paper IMHO).

If you want the satin look in a nicer paper, you may want to consider the new Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl or Cranes Museo Silver Rag, both of these papers use the photo black ink and have a surface that you may find to your liking.

SusanBooth

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 09:09:26 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Jeff .. I will try and order some in online to try.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad