Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Photo Mural ala Ceramic Tile  (Read 5288 times)
Jakub

« on: August 22, 2006, 08:39:42 PM »
ReplyReply

I was contacted by a Ceramic Tile company that specializes in murals. It seems they have
a client who would like a 4' x8' ceramic tile mural from one of my 4"x5" film images which they
saw in the recent  magazine. Any idea how to price something like that?
Thanks in advance.

alainbriot

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 05:55:12 PM »
ReplyReply

I was contacted by a Ceramic Tile company that specializes in murals. It seems they have
a client who would like a 4' x8' ceramic tile mural from one of my 4"x5" film images which they
saw in the recent  magazine. Any idea how to price something like that?
Thanks in advance.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74155\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The simple answer is that the process you need to use is called ink sublimation.  The more complex answer is how to do it.  I just don't have the time right now.  But, if you do a search you'll find plenty of links.  It also requires a heat press, sublimation ink & materials, etc.  Not so simple.

Alain Briot
Author of Mastering Landscape Photography, Mastering Composition, Creativity and Personal Style., Marketing Fine Art Photography and How Photographs are Sold.
http://www.beautiful-landscape.com
Jakub

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 07:44:22 PM »
ReplyReply

The simple answer is that the process you need to use is called ink sublimation.  The more complex answer is how to do it.  I just don't have the time right now.  But, if you do a search you'll find plenty of links.  It also requires a heat press, sublimation ink & materials, etc.  Not so simple.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74387\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Alain. Actually the tile company has the expertise there. Their client is interested in my
image and I was wondering how to handle the situation. First time.

alainbriot

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 10:18:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Alain. Actually the tile company has the expertise there. Their client is interested in my
image and I was wondering how to handle the situation. First time.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74397\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Pricing is always challenging.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 10:19:42 PM by alainbriot » Logged

Alain Briot
Author of Mastering Landscape Photography, Mastering Composition, Creativity and Personal Style., Marketing Fine Art Photography and How Photographs are Sold.
http://www.beautiful-landscape.com
Bobtrips

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 12:56:14 PM »
ReplyReply

saw in the recent  magazine. Any idea how to price something like that?
Thanks in advance.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74155\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What would you charge for a nice big print if you didn't have to do the printing, shipping, etc. yourself?
Jakub

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 01:10:45 PM »
ReplyReply

What would you charge for a nice big print if you didn't have to do the printing, shipping, etc. yourself?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74459\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Then again the image is not on archival paper. I can't imagine it would look
as good on ceramic tile. Basically I'd be selling one-time rights to use the image
as agreed.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad