Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Slide projectors  (Read 10659 times)
quattro98

« on: August 28, 2006, 04:52:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

I'm starting to use 35 mm silde film & I would like some recommendations on a decent slide projector. I will probably buy this from craigslist or the Bay, but I have no idea what models/lenses I should be looking for to project slides in a small room (5-10 feet from projector to wall). Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 04:53:35 PM by quattro98 » Logged

Quattro98
peterpix2005

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 11:40:23 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

I'm starting to use 35 mm silde film & I would like some recommendations on a decent slide projector. I will probably buy this from craigslist or the Bay, but I have no idea what models/lenses I should be looking for to project slides in a small room (5-10 feet from projector to wall). Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74778\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Look on Ebay for a Kodak Carrousel projector with a zoom lens and that should do it for you. Kodak does nmot make projexors anymore but there must be millions out there and not expensive.

Peter
dlashier

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 03:54:03 PM »
ReplyReply

I've still got my trusty old Nikon projector from the 70's. This uses the "universal" trays (either straight or rotary) that also fit Sawyer, GAF, Vivitar, etc. IIRC it's basically a spiffed up Sawyer but with a superior Nikor lens.

I'll have to check when I get home but I believe the Carousel trays also work in my Nikon. One advantage of the "non-Carousel" projecters is that they also take the straight trays for small batches.

Make sure you get one with a zoom lens. Stack loader is also handy, although most occasionally jam. Autofocus is also nice as many slides pop as they heat up and need refocusing.

- DL

quattro98

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 09:25:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for the information. I have come up with a few projectors for sale locally using craigslist, so I should be able to find something.

Quattro98
jburgie

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 10:50:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi -- Don't forget to invest in a spare bulb. They're a little hard to find, except on the Web.
Riverman

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 05:20:16 PM »
ReplyReply

When I bought my projector, I made sure to also get a Schneider projection lens.  I find it to be much sharper than the kodak lenses.  It may cost a bit more but it is well worth it.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad