There's a pretty extensive report here (in German): http://www.photoscala.de/node/2243
What it says is, the HY6 is a Franke & Heidecke MF open platform camera. All HY6's are and will be made by Franke & Heidecke (Rolleiflex) and sold to and then branded by Sinar, Leaf (this was not planned but happened at photokina) and anyone else who wants to use the platform.
They also state that it's possible that a player like Phase One (if they choose to) could also use the platform, brand it as a Phase One Camera and change it in a way that it will only work with Phase backs. This means it's a semi open system, depending on the companies using it.
For now F&H make the body, it will take Rollei Lenses from all 6000 series cameras back to 1974, new Rollei AF lenses (that are coming out), new Jenoptik lenses, Sinar, Jenoptik and Leaf backs.
Nothing is said about the the Sinar M lenses from Zeiss.
It will cost around $5,000 and the release date is set for April 7th (not 1st!) 2007.
What it can do:
• Meter included
• In camera integrated TTL-meter.
• 3 Methods for metering: Electronic multi-zone, spot and multi-Spot.
• Shutter-, Aperture- and Program automatic, and manual.
• Modern TTL-metering at the film plane.
• RGB-Scanner for white balance .
• Electronic shutter with Flash sync from 1/1000 to 30 Seconds.
• Direct-Drive-Linear motor driven aperture and shutter in 1/3 steps.
• PQS-lenses have shutter blades made from carbon in connection with Neodym-magnets in the Linear motor with 1/1000s shutter speeds.
• Use of all Rolleiflex 6000-System lenses without adapter made after 1974.
• In the Film magazine motor driven film transport for single exposure and continuous exposures with 1,5 frames per second.
• With continuous exposures the metering is constantly corrected between frames.
Other tech. stuff Rolleiflex Hy6
AF-Function: AF cross sensor (multi field). Integrated red light lines for AF metering with bad lighting.
Format for Film: 6 x 6 cm und 4,5 x 6 cm
Film types: 120 und 220 Roll-film
Multi spot metering through metering and saving the datei from up to 5 single values
Integrated RGB-Sensor for auto white balance for Digital photography
TTL-Studio pre flash metering: with Studio generators
Finders: Waist level finder with loupe, 90° High-Eye-point finder, changeable screens.
Super bright High-D-Screens included
Energy: Hochleistungs Lithium-Ionen-Akku 7,2 V
Hand-grip: In 3 positions lockable (for waist level and 90o-Sucherbetrieb)
Digital backs: special functions and basic programming with menu functions:
1. flash sync; 2. pre flash metering; 3. timer; 4. quiet function on/off; 5. transport on/off;
6. middle point metering on/off; 8. AF- field points; 9. continuous exposures, ±1/3 / ±2/3 LW;
10. frame number
Size & Weight: 1. without Lens or Magazine: 157 x 112 x 78 mm; 2. without Lens: 900 g,
Kpl. with Standard-lens 2,8/80 mm and Magazine 4560: 1700 g
etc., etc., etc.