Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Any Pics of the Shetland Islands?  (Read 5538 times)
Brian Gilkes

« on: October 11, 2006, 07:59:02 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi all,
I hope this isn't too off topic but I don't know where better to place it, and I've drawn a blank with my usual contacts.
I am trying to help a friend source images of the Shetland Islands for a childrens book
She wants general terrain shots and lighthouse cottages at Bressay Island.
I guess this is not a legitimate conversation thread, so anyone that could help might be best to contact me directly on brian@pharoseditions.com.au
Thanks,
Brian.
howiesmith
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 12:04:57 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi all,
I hope this isn't too off topic but I don't know where better to place it, and I've drawn a blank with my usual contacts.
I am trying to help a friend source images of the Shetland Islands for a childrens book
I guess this is not a legitimate conversation thread, so anyone that could help might be best to contact me directly on brian@pharoseditions.com.au
Thanks,
Brian.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have you tried stock houses?

Also there images at [a href=\"http://gallery.visitshetland.com/viewdir.tlx?albumid=42919]http://gallery.visitshetland.com/viewdir.tlx?albumid=42919[/url]
The website may have info on how to get use of some of these images.
Brian Gilkes

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 05:08:48 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks to those that replied-only with links though, not images. It is interesting that with all the landscape photographers here, noone seems to have been photographing in Shetland. Perhaps Michael could take a workshop there as an alternative to Iceland. It is good that there are still places in the world not photographed out, I guess.
Cheers,
Brian
www.pharoseditions.com.au
howiesmith
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:37:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks to those that replied-only with links though, not images. It is interesting that with all the landscape photographers here, noone seems to have been photographing in Shetland. Perhaps Michael could take a workshop there as an alternative to Iceland. It is good that there are still places in the world not photographed out, I guess.
Cheers,
Brian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80748\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I see from your website you offer photo workshops.  Have you given any thought to gong to the Shetlands and making the photos  yourself?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:37:55 PM by howiesmith » Logged
DavidJ

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 03:15:54 AM »
ReplyReply

Even in the UK Shetland is quite a distance. It is cheaper and easier to get to many other places in Europe. Shetland and Orkney are nearer Bergen than London.

A site that might help track down images is http://www.nature-shetland.co.uk/  As well as being interesting in its own right there are links to several photographers working on Shetland.

David

David Allen
Brian Gilkes

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 05:09:20 PM »
ReplyReply

I see from your website you offer photo workshops.  Have you given any thought to gong to the Shetlands and making the photos  yourself?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80810\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The simple answer is no. Melbourne is a long  and very expensive way from Shetland. So far I am not planning workshops on location. Seeing and creativity can be done anywhere.Fine printmaking is studio based (yes I know about The Magical Digital Bus). My personal work is now in Australia and Oceania in small very isolated communities. No hotels, no cold beer, mostly no electricity and very restricted diet. I think I'll keep the workshops around here. But maybe.....
Cheers,
Brian
www.briangilkes.com
Bobtrips

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 11:45:01 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi all,
Thanks,
Brian.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Take a look here and see if you find things you like.  You can contact individual photographers and see if they have an interest in selling their work.

[a href=\"http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/United_Kingdom/Scotland/Shetland_Islands/]Trek Earth[/url]
japottinger

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 10:02:10 AM »
ReplyReply

Take a look here and see if you find things you like.  You can contact individual photographers and see if they have an interest in selling their work.

Trek Earth
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82809\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have a large number of shots of Shetland
japottinger
japottinger

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 10:04:10 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi all,
Thanks,
Brian.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79925\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have pposted a note to say that I have a large number of Shetland pics
japottinger
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad