When I checked Amazon it had a timeframe for the shrinkwrapped version of 4-6 weeks! Doesn't help people too much when the beta version expires in 2 days...
I've heard folks mentioning delays from different vendors, and most that have gotten a box already were ones who had ordered from Adobe.
Anyway here's one suggestion for a possible solution that we discussed on another thread:
The library won't go anywhere. You could download the demo and use that until you get the box.
Right, I was going to suggest the same idea... The "tryout" version
and the official 1.0 release are the same software, I believe.
So you could download the demo to work for 30 days and then enter the serial number off the box when you finally receive it to make it permanent. I haven't done this myself (I just got the tryout and bought from there), but I have heard it working for others, given the delays in getting a boxed copy.