Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: breaking the rules - does it work?  (Read 3005 times)
Sr.Cordeiro

« on: March 28, 2007, 07:17:05 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

Here is a long exposure on a park at night. It was impossible to have all the photo well exopsed, too much differences on light but I like the result either way. Do you think it works?

[attachment=2193:attachment]
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 08:23:55 AM »
ReplyReply

It does for me. One thing that makes night photographs interesting is the sense of mystery you get from dark areas with no detail. If this were all "well-exposed", it would not be nearly as interesting. I also like the color contrast between the warm, central area and the cool light in the lower right corner.

Nice!

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Sr.Cordeiro

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 08:51:18 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks

The only thing that bothered me is the clipped area on the lamp, but I like it now. The cool light on the corner was made with the flash, during the exposure I runned with the flash on hand and shoot it in manual mode. I was lucky because it was the last shot before the battery was gone
wolfnowl

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 04:47:46 PM »
ReplyReply

It does for me. One thing that makes night photographs interesting is the sense of mystery you get from dark areas with no detail. If this were all "well-exposed", it would not be nearly as interesting. I also like the color contrast between the warm, central area and the cool light in the lower right corner.

What Eric said... me too!

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
popnfresh
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 04:35:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Ditto. Sure, it breaks some rules. But this is one case where rule-breaking works. Nice shot.
robertvine

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 07:39:53 AM »
ReplyReply

This is pretty cool, though I would say that it is exposed perfectly! Looks like a giant wand - kind of like ET's finger!

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad