Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: antarctica  (Read 3194 times)
gerry s

« on: April 07, 2007, 02:15:19 PM »
ReplyReply

I have read several threads here regarding antarctic trips, I am going in december, would have loved to have gone on Michaels but this trip was a prize, so wasnt going to be turned down. One thing I have been wondering about is what clothes everybody took, might seem a strange question but I have never ever been anywhere like this before and just wondered what you all took. I know I will probably need a few jumpers (sweaters)   but just how far down the polar explorer route do we have to go?? Seen some great antarctic shots shots on here btw...
michael
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 05:34:42 PM »
ReplyReply

You don't mention which expedition company that you're with, but assuming that they provide a parka and boots (which Quark does) then all you need are jeans, waterproof pants (ski pants / shells), gloves, a warm hat, and some sweaters.

The Antarctic penninsula this time of year is heading into winter, so its getting colder, but is likely no colder than the northeast on a winter's day.

Michael
gerry s

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:58:26 PM »
ReplyReply

We will be going with Peregrine on the Mariner, Ive been looking at your trips on LL for a few years now convincing myself I would be going one day when I got the chance through the Wanderlust competition. Just means Ill have to get on one of your other trips one day  

regards.. gerry
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:58:47 PM by gerry s » Logged
Antarctic Mat

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 10:59:32 AM »
ReplyReply

We will be going with Peregrine on the Mariner, Ive been looking at your trips on LL for a few years now convincing myself I would be going one day when I got the chance through the Wanderlust competition. Just means Ill have to get on one of your other trips one day   

regards.. gerry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111228\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello.
I know this is over a month old but if you are still after any information then let me know, I spent over a year at Rothera on the peninsular so can probably help you out with what to expect.
Cheers.
Mat.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad