Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Beach Palm on the Dune  (Read 3387 times)
Jack Varney

« on: April 26, 2007, 08:31:25 PM »
ReplyReply

[attachment=2385:attachment]Attached is a shot of a Cabbage Palm on the dune at Hanna Park in Atlantic Beach, FL.  Please comment, critique, etc.

Jack Varney
wolfnowl

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:29:50 AM »
ReplyReply

Okay... assuming this image is more to you than a reminder of a place you went on vacation, what are you tring to say with this photo?

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Jack Varney

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:11:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you for your thoughts, Mike. The shot is from a place less than a half mile from my home, not a vacation shot.

What appealled to me was the symmetry of the tree and its color juxtaposed to the bramble underbrush.

Jack Varney
jaapv

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 04:41:43 AM »
ReplyReply

Thank you for your thoughts, Mike. The shot is from a place less than a half mile from my home, not a vacation shot.

What appealled to me was the symmetry of the tree and its color juxtaposed to the bramble underbrush.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114585\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe if you move in a bit closer and use a shallow DOF to isolate the main subject? It is quite graphic, might work well in B&W?

[span style='color:blue'][span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'][span style='font-family:Optima']Jaap[/span][/span][/span]
Jack Varney

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 03:10:46 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you, Jaap. I have been thinking of B&W for it but presently have no B&W printer.

From the graphic standpoint, I agree although this was not what I was shooting for originally.

Jack Varney
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad