Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Super 8 Ektachrome Processing  (Read 10749 times)
roadkillwill5890

« on: June 17, 2007, 01:09:52 AM »
ReplyReply

Hey i was wondering does anyone know anything about processing Super 8 film. I have been into Super 8 for years ever since watching my dads 1960s super 8 collections with badly dubbed beatles music over the top and know of a lab about 4 hours drive away that do processing but at its cheap price is still very expensive for processing multiple reels. Would it be worth fixing my dark room to process super 8 and how expensive/possible would it be,
Thanks alot,
William
photographist

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 11:03:19 AM »
ReplyReply

I tried this years ago and processed both Ektachrome and B/W films.  I had purchased a special tank that allowed me to do this (think of a large 35mm film tank).

I had some experience with color and temperature control, but not enough.  Consistancy is going to be your big challange.

That said, it can be done.  Good luck
photographist

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 07:49:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Hey William ...

I did a quick search and found the following sites: http://www.ralphdickinson.com/process_site/allpages.html and http://www.geocities.com/cinetank/ .   As for the tank, I've been out of that market for a good 20 years, but the cinetank in the later website is similar to what I used.  The first website shows how to use more standard equipment.  There are also a number of Super/Regular 8 support sites that you can find by googling "processing super 8 film".  I also used: "Super 8 processing tank" for a google search and had some decent hits.

As for the chemistry, it was a straight E-6 process for me.  I believe Jobo still make s the appropriate chemestry.  

Good luck!

jvdk
roadkillwill5890

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 06:01:55 AM »
ReplyReply

Thankyou so much!! I was in an opp shop last month and was looking through an old box of rubbish, and their on the ground was a roll of unexposed ektachrome film thats past its use by date, and than i thought, the camera must be around here somewhere    thanks alot,
Will
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad