Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Hanging glacier-Banff  (Read 2429 times)
uvsub

« on: June 27, 2007, 02:27:42 AM »
ReplyReply

[attachment=2702:attachment]Hi, I took this shot yesterday in Banff, Alberta with a Nikon 70-300mm digital lens at 70mm-f/16, 1/320, ISO400.  

I'm most concerned about the composition and would appreciate any comments or criticisms.  This is my second year as a photographer and I'm still struggling with composition.

Behind the camera, I'm overwhelmed by all the possibilities and end up taking hasty snaps out of frustration.

Thanks

Darryl
Tim Gray

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:02:25 AM »
ReplyReply

Tough to judge the composition - the image didn't translate to the web very well - ziltch in the highlight detail department - as a result the eye just drops right out of the frame in the bottom right - you need some "rock" or something to add some framing to the lower part of the glacier.
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 08:42:10 AM »
ReplyReply

The only thing that bothers me is the way the bottom seems a bit cut off. It would be nice if you could have used a slightly wider angle lens so that you could include more of the rock pile at the bottom. Top, right, and left are fine, and the balance is otherwise fine.

My 2 cents.

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
uvsub

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 06:01:16 AM »
ReplyReply

Thank you for your comments.  Each of you make a good point about the lower left quarter.  This image was cropped which leaves the option of  including more of the snow at the bottom.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad