Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: "Lightweight" RAW processor/viewer for laptop  (Read 3439 times)
soboyle

« on: August 08, 2007, 12:53:34 PM »
ReplyReply

I have a Dell 700M laptop w 1 gig of memory, and its not really up to the task of processing large numbers of files in CS3 Bridge, so I'm looking for a raw viewer/converter that is less intensive on the system and will allow me to view and process canon raw files on the laptop. Mostly for reviewing photos, but processing might be required occasionally.

picnic

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 01:55:25 PM »
ReplyReply

I have a Dell 700M laptop w 1 gig of memory, and its not really up to the task of processing large numbers of files in CS3 Bridge, so I'm looking for a raw viewer/converter that is less intensive on the system and will allow me to view and process canon raw files on the laptop. Mostly for reviewing photos, but processing might be required occasionally.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132172\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I wonder if Breezebrowser would fit that--and then there is always DPP--and its free *smile*.  Then there is Irfanview and Faststone for viewing--again, both free.

Diane
Nill Toulme

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »
ReplyReply

BreezeBrowser Pro would definitely be a good choice, especially for culling large shoots.  It gives you a very fast, sharpened full screen view and lets you tag or rank, then delete, etc. etc. (as well as doing innumerable other highly useful things).  Highest recommendation.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
jamie_m_

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 03:32:49 PM »
ReplyReply

It's not available anymore, not supported doesn't support new cameras, but if you can find a copy, and it suits your camera, try Pixmantec Raw Shooter.

MyMoodPhotography
MyMoodPhotography
Events, wedding and portraits
nemophoto

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 01:59:11 PM »
ReplyReply

BreezeBrowser Pro

Philmar

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 08:47:12 AM »
ReplyReply

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=132172\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'd use DPP to process the RAWs and view them with Faststone. If these 2 programs are too resource commanding then Zoombrowser (software that came with your Canon) can do both tasks.

An office drone pension administrator by day and a photo-enthusiast by night, week-end and on vacation who carries his camera when traveling the world:
Please have a chew on my photos:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/phil_marion/sets
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad