Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Why Use Tiff?  (Read 48970 times)
Schewe

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 10:40:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: DPL
Im currently revisiting a couple of old PCD files (Kodak Photo CD).
My first one is dated 1992. It is getting increasing difficult to open this file format.

Yep, this is typical of orphaned tech...Kodak has quit reving the software for importing Photo CD images (actually since Photoshop CS2 I think) so if you want to open those old Photo CDs, you better keep an old G4 or G5 with Tiger on it  with Photoshop CS or CS2 to access the image packs...
Peter_DL

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2010, 04:01:12 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Schewe
Yep, this is typical of orphaned tech...Kodak has quit reving the software for importing Photo CD images (actually since Photoshop CS2 I think) so if you want to open those old Photo CDs, you better keep an old G4 or G5 with Tiger on it  with Photoshop CS or CS2 to access the image packs...
Actually it was/ is still possible to copy the Photo CD.8BI plug-in from an earlier Photoshop version into the CS4 Plug-ins/ File Formats folder, thus to open the PCD files in CS4.  No 64 bit support though (Windowz). The option to edit the resulting TIFFs through Bridge + ACR is a real gem.

just in case someone around here struggles with the same issue.

Peter

--
Schewe

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2010, 02:37:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: DPL
Actually it was/ is still possible to copy the Photo CD.8BI plug-in from an earlier Photoshop version into the CS4 Plug-ins/ File Formats folder, thus to open the PCD files in CS4.

On Windows yes...not on Mac because Kodak never did a UB version of the import plug-in under Mac. That's why support ended as of Photoshop CS2. Photoshop CS3 required a recompile of all Mac plug-ins from Codewarrior to Xcode. Something Kodak decided not to do.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad