Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Airplane Gallery  (Read 3282 times)
wolfnowl

« on: September 07, 2007, 02:56:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Folks:

Since this is only tangentially related to photography I thought I'd add it in the Coffee Corner...  Having spent a couple of thousand hours inside a De Havilland Twin Otter, I'm rather partial to them.  There's a company out of Alberta called Ken Borek Air that has a fleet of about 35 of them, as well as some DC-3's.  On their website they have a gallery that shows their planes as well as some scenery shots of the different places they fly.  You can see it here:

http://www.borekair.com/index.php?cat=gallery

Mike.

P.S.  If you want to see a video clip of why the call the otter a STOL aircraft (short take off and landing), PM me with an e-address and I'll send you one of a plane landing on a muddy flat up north in a distance about the length of the plane itself.  It's about 4MB so be warned if you're on dialup...

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Lisa Nikodym

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 09:25:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Cool!  My spouse flies a small plane, and we plan to go somewhere Far North one of these days (though letting someone *else* do the flying! a Bonanza just isn't the right plane for landing on ice floes   ), so we were drooling over the airplane-and-landscape photos.  Thanks!

Lisa

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 10:00:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Isn't Ken Borek Air the outfit that evacuated a critically ill scientist from the south pole in the dead of winter when the US Air Force said they couldn't ?
wolfnowl

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 12:41:55 PM »
ReplyReply

Isn't Ken Borek Air the outfit that evacuated a critically ill scientist from the south pole in the dead of winter when the US Air Force said they couldn't ?

That's the one... and they used a twotter to do it.  The woman developed cancer and needed to be lifted out for treatment

Mike.

~ Jean Cooke ~

wolfnowl

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 01:05:39 PM »
ReplyReply

a Bonanza just isn't the right plane for landing on ice floes   ), so we were drooling over the airplane-and-landscape photos.  Thanks!

Come to think of it, I've never seen any Beechcraft with tundra tires...  A right fast little plane, though.

And you're welcome!

Mike.

~ Jean Cooke ~

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad