Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Canon IPF6100 Review  (Read 5223 times)
David White

« on: September 25, 2007, 11:28:35 AM »
ReplyReply

I found a review of the 6100 on Photography Blog this morning.  It is a nice overall review of the printer but does not get into detail on whether the 5000's deficiencies - paper path selection, black point compensation, etc. - have been corrected.  There is a reference that indicates that the documentation is of a higher quality but no reference as to how well the documentation covers the details and specifics of the available printer settings.

I will certainly be awaiting Michael's review.

David White
nanjeca

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 11:57:31 AM »
ReplyReply

I found a review of the 6100 on Photography Blog this morning.  It is a nice overall review of the printer but does not get into detail on whether the 5000's deficiencies - paper path selection, black point compensation, etc. - have been corrected.  There is a reference that indicates that the documentation is of a higher quality but no reference as to how well the documentation covers the details and specifics of the available printer settings.

I will certainly be awaiting Michael's review.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141768\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I too will be awaiting Michael's more comprehensive review. I found the one on Photography blog this morning to be a fine re-statement of the sales brochure with not much meat for an objective review. I also hope we get a true comparison review between the top three, HP, Canon and Epson and their current offerings. This I would find more useful and valuable that simple praises. Then perhaps we can truly understand our options and make good buying choices

mike
John Hollenberg

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
ReplyReply

I found the one on Photography blog this morning to be a fine re-statement of the sales brochure with not much meat for an objective review. I also hope we get a true comparison review between the top three, HP, Canon and Epson and their current offerings.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141980\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have to agree, disappointing that there wasn't more specific information.  At the Wiki, we have noted a number of problems with the iPF5000 and want to know whether they have been fixed with the ipFX100 generation.  Unfortunately, no answers were forthcoming from the review

--John
markgoldstein

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 12:20:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

Feel free to leave questions in our comments section, and we'll do our best to answer them...
Canon iPF6100 Review
John Hollenberg

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 12:37:27 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

Feel free to leave questions in our comments section, and we'll do our best to answer them...
Canon iPF6100 Review
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142243\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.  Done.

--John
Hermie

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 04:15:32 PM »
ReplyReply

Uwe Steinmueller's Canon iPF6100 Diary: http://www.outbackphoto.com/CONTENT_2007_0...6100/index.html
Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 02:17:05 AM »
ReplyReply

He writes:

dMax

We measured 1.58 on Hahnemuehle Photo Rag. This is a good value.

1.58 Dmax isn't a good value on PhotoRag in my opinion. With the Z3100 it's above 1.7 D and on my old 9000 quad with MIS inks it was just below 1.70 D. I wonder whether the PK is used instead of the MK for some reason.

Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]
John Hollenberg

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 11:15:36 PM »
ReplyReply

Some information about the iPF6100 has been discovered from various sources.  The problems which are fixed (and those which aren't) are detailed on the Known Problems section of the Wiki:

http://canonipf5000.wikispaces.com/Conside...ng+This+Printer

Fixed: Maximum sheet length for all iPFX100 printers for top manual feed is now 62 inches (was 24 inches on iPF5000)

Fixed: Centering bug in Photoshop plugin on Super B paper (also fixed for iPF5000 in plugin version 2.04)

Not fixed:  Media Types still lock out some paper paths.  This is a big disappointment for anyone who prints using third party papers.  A couple of possible solutions are outlined, we will be checking with Canon on this.

--John
David White

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 12:36:58 AM »
ReplyReply

Not fixed:  Media Types still lock out some paper paths.  This is a big disappointment for anyone who prints using third party papers.  A couple of possible solutions are outlined, we will be checking with Canon on this.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142830\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John,

Thanks for the update.  This is really disappointing.  I certainly hope that Canon will be more responsive on this than they have been on a mirror lock-up button on their cameras.

I may have to end up waiting for the next generation of Epsons if this is not corrected.

David White
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad