Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Mystery Valley Location?  (Read 4739 times)
andrewj

« on: November 18, 2007, 08:21:54 AM »
ReplyReply

Does anyone know the location of "Mystery Plateau, Arizona"? I've seen several photographs in galleries which refer to this location, but can't find it in any of the well-known photo location books. The geology looks like Coyote Buttes, but the shapes don't look like the usual pictures of The Wave and other well-known points.

Thanks
Andrew
Tim Gray

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 08:44:19 AM »
ReplyReply

Are you are probably talking about Mystery Valley, as per the title of your post rather than its' contents - I'm not familiar with any Mystery Plateau.

Mystery Valley is in Monument Valley Az.  You need a local guide since it's on Indian lands.
AJSJones

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »
ReplyReply

Does anyone know the location of "Mystery Plateau, Arizona"? I've seen several photographs in galleries which refer to this location, but can't find it in any of the well-known photo location books. The geology looks like Coyote Buttes, but the shapes don't look like the usual pictures of The Wave and other well-known points.

Thanks
Andrew
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153813\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Can you post (a link to) a picture?  It may well have been called that to keep its true identity and location shrouded in, well, mystery.  Just like "The Place" isn't a real name
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 07:37:28 PM »
ReplyReply

Are you are probably talking about Mystery Valley, as per the title of your post rather than its' contents - I'm not familiar with any Mystery Plateau.

Mystery Valley is in Monument Valley Az.  You need a local guide since it's on Indian lands.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=153820\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
A search on Topo 6 from DeLorme confirms what Tim says. The only other Mystery Valley in the U.S. seems to be in Georgia.

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
camilla

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 07:56:32 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi
You guys are right- it's next to Monument Valley- you need to go with a navajo guide- to get there you are taken back onto Route 163 a few miles down, going towards Kayenta and then into Mystery Valley. It's a very beautiful place but totally different from Monument Valley. You have ruins and arches and.. people still living there.
Enjoy
camilla
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad