Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Canon 1ds3 alignment problems  (Read 84097 times)
Dinarius

« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2008, 02:32:06 AM »
ReplyReply

Interesting that you had problems with the sensor. I never did, or at least I don't think I did. With the three Mk3s I used, what I was seeing on Live View was exactly what I was getting. Of course, live view can only see what the sensor is seeing    but my point is that it was perfectly aligned with the grid.

On the other hand, two of the bodies had alignment problems, while all three (including the one I now own) had/have problems with clipping across the bottom of the viewfinder.

I guess you could argue that the viewfinder frame is correctly installed and that the sensor is not installed to match it!   But, my money is on the viewfinder frame not being the 100% viewable area that it should be.

Bangs for my buck, the 5D is still the best camera I have ever owned and that includes all my film cameras, with the possible exception of my Sinar P.

D.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:33:42 AM by Dinarius » Logged
Mark D Segal
Contributor

« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2008, 08:48:45 AM »
ReplyReply

Who knows, but it seems (to me anyway, from my own hands-on experience) the odds are stacked well against getting a good copy of this camera.

It has been a frustrating and time consuming experience from which I've now made three observations..

1. When it's put together correctly, the 1DsMkIII is truly excellent.

2. Canon needs to pull it's socks up when it comes to quality control and customer care.

3. It's important to develop a good working relationship with your local camera dealer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=187316\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't think your experience alone is sufficient to conclude that in general the odds are stakced against getting a correct copy, but your three observations have real merit. One hopes #2 will happen as a result of increasing competition.

Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....." http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/film/scanning_workflows_with_silverfast_8.shtml
canon_uw

« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2008, 07:10:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Third time's the charm.

Dropped the camera off at Irvine a second time with a print-out of the issue and received it back, fixed, after four business days.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad