Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: IS Noise?  (Read 2469 times)
Jonathan Wienke

« on: June 14, 2005, 11:41:15 PM »
ReplyReply

It's normal to hear a slight whirring-like noise when IS is active. Also, IS does not disengage immediately after a shot is taken; there's about a 3-second delay after you fully release the shutter before it shuts down. IS will stay active as long as autofocus is active or the shutter release is half-pressed. What you're describing sounds totally normal.

macgyver

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 11:30:25 PM »
ReplyReply

I just purchased my first Canon 'L' series lens, an IS model to boot.  This evening when I was storing my gear after a day of shooting I noticed for the first time that when I have the IS turned on and autofocus it makes a rather interesting noise, even after I take the shot.  The closest thing I can compare this to is a ball rolling along.  Is this normal (I'm assuming it is) or is it a bad thing? Anyone know?
nobody

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 08:21:13 AM »
ReplyReply

When I first got my 100-400 the IS would make a thumping noise and jerk the image around.  That went away very quickly and now all I get is the ball rolling noise you describe.  I think there may be a wearing in period for these things.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad