Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Best place to buy NEC Multisync monitors?  (Read 2948 times)
Lisa Nikodym

« on: January 30, 2008, 11:20:33 PM »
ReplyReply

It's time for me to replace my old CRT with an LCD, and various recent threads here have convinced me to go with the NEC MultiSync 2690WUXiSV (the version with a hardware calibrator).  The question is, where can I find one?  The NEC web site has links to four sellers, but three of the four have awful ratings at resellerratings.com, and the fourth lists the monitor as a "special order" item that they will send you "as soon as as they can obtain one" or some such language.  You can also fill out a form to send to NEC to have a sales rep contact you, but that appears to me to be more appropriate for businesses than for individuals just wanting one monitor.

I've checked B&H, and they don't appear have them.

Various people here have bought this monitor - where did you find it???

Thanks,
Lisa

Paul Sumi

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 08:50:45 AM »
ReplyReply

Various people here have bought this monitor - where did you find it???

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Lisa,

I'm going through the same process as you.  Amazon currently has the version WITHOUT the calibration hardware/software for US$1275.   Search on "NEC LCD2690WUXI-BK"

I may buy through Amazon since I already have a colorimeter and can get the software through NEC:

[a href=\"http://www.necdisplay.com/SupportCenter/Monitors/spectraview2/]http://www.necdisplay.com/SupportCenter/Mo...s/spectraview2/[/url]

Hope this helps,

Paul

Lisa Nikodym

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »
ReplyReply

Paul - thanks very much for the suggestion.  It looks to be a little more expensive than buying the two together somewhere, but it's a workable way to do it.  I'll probably do the same if I don't have any other suggestions.

I don't yet have an appropriate colorimeter (I have one, but it's for CRTs and can't be used with LCDs), so I'd buy the colorimeter from NEC too.

Lisa
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 03:05:06 PM by nniko » Logged

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad