Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Epson Exhibition Fiber  (Read 8750 times)
Josh-H

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 10:14:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta:
- This is a really great paper whose prints I love in almost every respect except the surface texture. The blacks are solid, the prints have more dimensionality than the Ilford, and the prints have the "ooomph" that I crave. Only thing is I'm just not wild about the surface - it's a bit too much paper fiber / long-grain rice (??!) for me, although I could live with it for sure.

The Hahnemuhle Baryta has become my favourite paper - period.

I tried the Harman Gloss FB AL and tried to like it - and I do quite like it. But.. as MR correctly points out - its got quite a coolish cast to it - which 'can' work well depending on the print. It can also work against the print.

The Hahnemuhle is much more neutral - in fact its the most neutral of the 3 Barytas I have tried. I love the feel, the stipple [I tend to favour papers with more surface texture - such as Hahnemuhle Museum Etching] and the results it produces with Canon Inks.

Its my new 'default' paper. Paired with PhotoRag and I am pretty happy with those two options for 99% of my work.

Craig Murphy

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 11:33:03 AM »
ReplyReply

So how do you get 'Lenswork Magazine's wonderful brown tone' ?

CMurph
Mark D Segal
Contributor

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 11:38:06 AM »
ReplyReply

So how do you get 'Lenswork Magazine's wonderful brown tone' ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174260\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you use the Greyscale option in Camera Raw 4.x or the Black and White Adjustment Layer in Photoshop CS3 you can dial-in any toning you want, including split-toning. In Photoshop you can also do this under Soft-proof with the printer profile for the paper you are using and "Simulate Paper White" checked, which - if your display is properly calibrated and profiled - will give you a pretty good prediction of the printed result.

Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....." http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/film/scanning_workflows_with_silverfast_8.shtml
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad