Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Tethered w/Lightroom issue  (Read 3544 times)
Kirk Gittings

« on: April 25, 2008, 01:59:42 PM »
ReplyReply

I recently started shooting tethered on my Canon with Lightroom, switching from DPP which was a very buggy connection. My initial experience suggests that shooting tethered with Lightroom and EOS Utility is much more stable, but there was one little bug (not a big deal for sure, but the inconsistency was a little irksome to my client who was standing over my shoulder). I was shooting interiors, arranging objects and lighting, and shooting a periodic test shot. Only about half the images would automatically load up into the viewer. The others I would have to double click on he thumbnail to load. It was totally random. Not a big deal but.....Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 08:31:46 PM by Kirk Gittings » Logged

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »
ReplyReply

No ideas? I've got two shoots with the same client this week and would like to figure it out.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

flashfredrikson

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 02:14:41 AM »
ReplyReply

I used the same setup and everything worked fine, every new pic showed up in the library when it came in. But: if you are in the develop module, this doesn't work, there you have to manually select aka click the newest pic.

that's the only idea i have...

cheers,
martin
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 02:27:56 AM »
ReplyReply

Thats worth a try, thanks.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

Henry Goh

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 05:13:23 AM »
ReplyReply

Dear Kirk,

Have you tried tethering EOS Utility -> Adobe Bridge?  I find it quite speedy as Bridge renders pretty fast to screen.
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 04:16:14 PM »
ReplyReply

How does one setup Bridge for tethering? Does Bridge have a "watch" folder setup? I haven't found it. I guess you really don't need one as long as Br is open to the file you are writing to. The advantage to LR/DEVELOPE is the ability to immediately fine tune the image without opening up the image in the CR plugin. Not a big deal I guess.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 04:21:29 PM by Kirk Gittings » Logged

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

Snook
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »
ReplyReply

How does one setup Bridge for tethering? Does Bridge have a "watch" folder setup? I haven't found it. I guess you really don't need one as long as Br is open to the file you are writing to. The advantage to LR/DEVELOPE is the ability to immediately fine tune the image without opening up the image in the CR plugin. Not a big deal I guess.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=192358\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Kirk If you posted a little more info you would probably get further! What canon?
What tethered software etc..?
5D stinks for tethering and I think C-1 is the only real stable tethering program. so you would probably be better off shooting tethered to it and then having a watched folder for Lightroom.
Snook
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 09:57:20 AM »
ReplyReply

It is a 5D. The EOS Utility and Lightroom combination is very stable., a no brainer. Compared to writing to DPP which was worthless. No issues with LR except getting the image to automatically load into the viewer, as I said, which in my mind is a Lightroom settings issue. It is like every third test image which will not pop up in the viewer and I have to click on the thumbnail. Just an annoyance really.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

benedmonson

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 08:25:33 PM »
ReplyReply

It is a 5D. The EOS Utility and Lightroom combination is very stable., a no brainer. Compared to writing to DPP which was worthless. No issues with LR except getting the image to automatically load into the viewer, as I said, which in my mind is a Lightroom settings issue. It is like every third test image which will not pop up in the viewer and I have to click on the thumbnail. Just an annoyance really.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=192678\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Kirk I'm having the same problem with my 1Ds markIII tethered to LR thru EOS utility. I have to click on last thumbnail to make next one load??? I can't wait for C1 to figure out the tethering thing!!!

Ben
Dennishh

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 10:26:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Are you looking for the images in develop or the library? I have them pop up all the time in the library after I have double clicked on the first image to come in to enlarge it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:17:28 AM by Dennishh » Logged
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 10:29:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Are you looking for the images in develop modal or the library? I have them pop up all the time in the library after I have double clicked on the first image to come in to enlarge it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193240\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was in develop mode. I am on a shoot this weekend in Amarillo and will try it with the library mode tomorrow.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad