Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: LR beta  (Read 3159 times)
yoni

« on: July 03, 2008, 08:26:15 PM »
ReplyReply

After a very disappointing time with Aperture 2, I am trying beta 2.0 and liking it a great deal. I gather I am taking a chance in being able to migrate libraries worked on in the beta into the release version. My question is whether it is best to buy 1.5 and work there till release? If I continue with beta, what files will I need to remove inorder to be able to reinstall after my 30 days trial? I gather that release date is unkown, right?  Thanks
john beardsworth

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 01:37:49 AM »
ReplyReply

After a very disappointing time with Aperture 2, I am trying beta 2.0 and liking it a great deal. I gather I am taking a chance in being able to migrate libraries worked on in the beta into the release version. My question is whether it is best to buy 1.5 and work there till release? If I continue with beta, what files will I need to remove inorder to be able to reinstall after my 30 days trial? I gather that release date is unkown, right?  Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205391\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You are not taking a chance in being able to migrate libraries - Adobe have said they will migrate, but have also said there is a risk that certain adjustments (principally the local ones) might not carry over correctly. Go to the Labs forum and ask for an extended trial up to beta expiry on Aug 1 .

John
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 02:19:34 AM by johnbeardy » Logged

francois

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 05:34:44 AM »
ReplyReply

After a very disappointing time with Aperture 2, I am trying beta 2.0 and liking it a great deal. I gather I am taking a chance in being able to migrate libraries worked on in the beta into the release version. My question is whether it is best to buy 1.5 and work there till release? If I continue with beta, what files will I need to remove inorder to be able to reinstall after my 30 days trial? I gather that release date is unkown, right?  Thanks
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I would not buy LR version 1.4 now. Version 2.0 is set to be released soon and - as John suggested just above - you can get an invitation to extend you present 30-day trial. French macandphoto.com website says that LR will be presented to the press in France at the end of August (read it [a href=\"http://www.macandphoto.com/conseils_adobe_lightroom/index.html]here[/url]). I don't know if the invitation is fake or not.

Francois
yoni

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 08:01:09 AM »
ReplyReply

thanks
digitaldog

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:40:20 AM »
ReplyReply

French macandphoto.com website says that LR will be presented to the press in France at the end of August (read it here). I don't know if the invitation is fake or not.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205461\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You'd be well advised to ignore that.

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
francois

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:07:45 AM »
ReplyReply

You'd be well advised to ignore that.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206403\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks! It's probably been based on the expiration date of LR beta, which means nothing as the final version could be release before or after that date.

Francois
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad