Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Z3100 Gloss Enhancer/Margin Issues on Sheet Paper  (Read 1334 times)
nfguy

« on: July 24, 2008, 01:22:51 PM »
ReplyReply

I know there has been a lot of complaining about sheet paper loading on the Z3100 and I agree, it is finicky but my bigger issues are the following...

1. Is there any way when printing on sheet paper to have the gloss optimizer top coat to have even margins around the image. It always seems to be longers along one side. The image seems to be centered (if you use big enough page margins) but the top coat is longer along one side resulting in an uncentered look.

2. For the life of me, I can't get an image centered unless I use big enough margins, but then I have another problem (see above). After reading many posts, I have come to understand that there is a bigger margin given to the bottom of the sheet (last to exit the printer) than on the other sides (probably also resulting in the above problem 1.) Is there anyway to have an image centered properly without using large margins and using the third margin option in the driver? I can put anything in my R2400 and it centers it just fine.

Other than these two issues though, I have been quite happy with the printer thusfar and to overcome these two issues, one must print on roll paper all the time. (I'm still trying to use up my large sheet paper stock)

Any advice would help. Thanks, JR
JohnM

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 07:21:14 PM »
ReplyReply

I would also like some information about these questions.  

For print centering I have resorted to de-selecting the "center image" check box in the PS CS3 print setup dialog and then, by trial and error, setting uneven margins to get the actual margins to be approximately even.  An awkward thing is that it won't accept any setting (at least in inches) but shifts to something close but not exact.

John

1. Is there any way when printing on sheet paper to have the gloss optimizer top coat to have even margins around the image. It always seems to be longers along one side. The image seems to be centered (if you use big enough page margins) but the top coat is longer along one side resulting in an uncentered look.

2. For the life of me, I can't get an image centered . . .
Any advice would help. Thanks, JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210469\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad