Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Suburban runoff  (Read 4507 times)
dalethorn
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:06:12 AM »
ReplyReply

The flower here is about a half-inch wide.  Shooting straight down from above, I couldn't avoid all reflections, so I left in what looked suitable for this image.  The water flow most days is minimal, yet it's still interesting that the little flower grew and survived a few days in that area.
wolfnowl

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 04:11:38 PM »
ReplyReply

Can't see the stem in this shot, but it looks a little like a plant called 'blue-eyed grass'.  Not a grass at all, but related to lillies (Sisyrinchium montanum).

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Rob C

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 06:38:29 AM »
ReplyReply

The flower here is about a half-inch wide.  Shooting straight down from above, I couldn't avoid all reflections, so I left in what looked suitable for this image.  The water flow most days is minimal, yet it's still interesting that the little flower grew and survived a few days in that area.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211158\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice shot, Dale, with interesting background colours and effects; perhaps it would have been better to have left out the location information - creates a negative vibe that would certainly not have been felt without the added info. On the other hand, Iīve had a lousy morning tryng to fix a calcified water inlet to the property right on the eve of the annual August holiday season, when plumbers are as scarce as hensīteeth. But they are always as scarce as hensīteeth, so perhaps itīs only the sunshine thatīs messed with my brain chemistry.

Rob C

dalethorn
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »
ReplyReply

.....interesting background colours and effects; perhaps it would have been better to have left out the location information.....
Rob C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=212004\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yep, I generally agree.  In this case, I needed some description for what would otherwise be interpreted as other-worldly, and suffering the early-morning what-the-hecks, I just gave in and went for literal.  There's an analogy in Bill & Ted #1 where the boys are introducing the historical people to "mom", and when they get to Abe Lincoln, there's no funny line they can dredge up at that point.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad