Nice image! ! !
I am curious, please post some more and very detailed technical data please!
I don't have access to the Mac right now, so I'll have to answer from the top of my head:
- This was shot with a D3 and I believe the AF-S 60 mm f2.8
- I shot 2 images at each location - one as is - one with my hand hiding the sun to avoid flare in the lower part of the image
- Gitzo tripod with RRS BH-40 and RRS spherical pano head,
- aperture at f9 or f10
- Raw conversion from 14 bits raw files done with C1 4.1
- Manual overlay work of the 2 images at each location in PS3 (one image with the sun, one where it is hidden), with simple PS layers
- Pano work done with Autopano Pro, PTgui 8.0beta6 was unable to detect any control points as I expected. Autopano pro did it without any manual work. Really an amazing program for such images.
- Post processing done in PS3, mostly in LAB with various curves to increase separation a little bit in the light rays,
- B&W conversion done using an adjustement layer with the Convert to black and white function - I didn't have to chance the color balance too much
- Removing the dust spots was probably the most time consuming part...
The place is totally non technical to get to, but you have to climb 4000 feet vertical in pretty hot weather (around 30 C during most of the climb) which is a bit tough.