Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Canon 50D @ 15MP  (Read 98275 times)
BruceHouston

« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2008, 07:58:33 PM »
ReplyReply

After we get the DPreview of the technical capabilities of the 50D, I was thinking about selling my 5D and getting the 50D. The problem is, if it produces images as good as the 5D in tonality and noise, who would buy a 5D?

On the upside, the body is only 1400.00US so that's good news.

I also wonder if it's weather sealing is the same as the 1D series cameras, or if it's a lesser sort?

Other than being a crop frame camera, if the sealing, shutter release time to failure, and image reproduction are as good as the 5D, plus you get 15MP--what a great camera for the price.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219371\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nobody will buy a (new) 5D very soon, because it is about to be discontinued in favor of its replacement.  Let us remember the aging within the product cycle when we make these comparisons.
JohnKoerner
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2008, 09:30:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Nobody will buy a (new) 5D very soon, because it is about to be discontinued in favor of its replacement.  Let us remember the aging within the product cycle when we make these comparisons.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221646\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm thinking about buying the old 5D---as soon as the new one comes out, the 50D comes out, and the 5D drops below 2Gs in price  

Regardless of all the "new innovations," the old 5D is a wonderful camera, and it will still take stellar shots, and very soon at about half the price  

Heh-heh ...

Jack

dwdallam

« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2008, 01:40:10 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm thinking about buying the old 5D---as soon as the new one comes out, the 50D comes out, and the 5D drops below 2Gs in price  

Regardless of all the "new innovations," the old 5D is a wonderful camera, and it will still take stellar shots, and very soon at about half the price  

Heh-heh ...

Jack
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221661\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Geeze I thought it was already down past 2K. It has held it's price well. And I agree with others. It is a very nice camera and its noise levels are low, especially considering when it came out. It was surely a slam dunk for Canon.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad