For your information:
Sinar has announced today a new integrated MF digital camera system, the Sinar Hy6-65
(31 MPx) and a new camera + digital back, the Sinar Hy6 - s65r
, respectively the Sinarback eSprit 65
The main characteristics:1. Sinar Hy6-65
- Fully Integrated MF camera system
: with optimized communication between lens, camera body, digital engine, and software.
- On-Board image processing
with internal "QuadCore Image Processing" (QCIP technology): First digital medium format cameras with completely integrated digital image processing on board.
- Future-oriented data storage
: The high-speed data transfer of the Sinar Hy6 65 and Sinar Hy6-s65r allows for capturing images at fast capturing rates and storing them to CF card in DNG
formats or a combination of them .
JPEG images can be stored in 4 different file sizes and two compression rates
. Thus, one is able to send low-resolution JPEGs to the art director or agency immediately after the shooting and process the selected high-resolution images later on.
- 3" bright display with 640 x 480 pixels (280 ppi)
, with automatic menu orientation, Images, histogram, sensitivity, on-board exposure warning, memory status, white balance.
- File size: 60 MB (DNG and Sinar RAW 16 bit), 181/90 MB (TIFF 48/24 bit)
- Capture rate: 1 image / sec.
- White Balance: Automatic, presets, manual.
- Data storage: High-Speed CF Card (4 GB UDMA CF card included),
alternatively also directly on hard disk via Firewire.
- Active cooling: ventilator.
- Power supply: one (two also possible) rechargeable lithium-ion battery 7.2 V, 2200 mAh.
- Operating time with battery: up to approx. 2000 exposures.
- Firewire interface: IEEE 1394b (800 Mbps, compatible with IEEE 1394a 400 Mbps).
- Capturing software: Sinar eXposure™ 6.1 or later.
- Operating systems: Mac OS X as of 10.4.11, Windows XP as of Service Pack 2, Windows Vista as of Service Pack 1.
- Availability/Delivery: as per September 23rd 20082. Sinar Hy6-s65r
- Same as above, but the camera digital back can be used on any other current MF camera with the corresponding adapter interface (Sinar m, Hasselblad V 500 series, Hasselblad H1/H2, Mamiya 645 AFD/AFD II).
- Data storage: The high-speed data transfer of the Sinar Hy6-s65r allows for capturing images at fast capturing rates and storing them to CF card in RAW, DNG, and JPEG format or a combination of them (DNG + JPG or Sinar RAW + JPG).
JPEG images can be stored in 4 different file sizes and two compression rates. Thus, one is able to send low-resolution JPEGs to the art director or agency immediately after the shooting and process the selected high-resolution images later on.
- Revolving Digital Back on the Sinar Hy6.
- Power supply: Two rechargeable lithium-ion batteries 7.2 V, 2200 mAh, for long-lasting operation.
- Live Video
- - Availability/Delivery: as per September 23rd 20083. Sinarback eSprit 65
- Single MF digital back, 31 MPx.
- Technical features: same as described above.
- Availability/Delivery: as per September 23rd 2008
- I have purposely not mentioned the ISO range of the above mentioned digital camera system and digital back, since I have no definitive information about it yet. I shall inform as soon I have it.
- Prices available at Photokina.
Here however some first images of these new products: