Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: St Marks, Venice  (Read 1719 times)
ivan muller

« on: September 04, 2008, 08:29:13 AM »
ReplyReply

hi,

Ive converted this from a colour image. I want to give it as a birthday gift, so I cant ask the recipients opinion.  I am a bit worried that perhaps it is too dramatic and looks to 'unreal'. This is not a HDR image! I wanted to print on canvas stretched over a frame but think a print with a white matt border will look beter. The print size will be about 45x80cm printed on  Hahnemuhle archival mat plus a 10cm white ragmatt r all round.

Any comments?

Regards, Ivan

ARD

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:59:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Very nice photo, it does look slightly unreal, but I think this is owing to the sky, it might look better if the sky was darkened slightly and more contrast to match the contrast levels you have on the buildings.
popnfresh
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 11:30:54 AM »
ReplyReply

I dig the shot. Yes, it does look a bit unreal and I think that's a good thing. The sky is what makes it. It has an interesting surreal quality. In B&W it almost appears as though the sky is on fire. I find it odd, strange and very cool. I don't think it needs darkening at all.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 11:37:40 AM by popnfresh » Logged
ARD

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 01:42:47 PM »
ReplyReply

I dig the shot. Yes, it does look a bit unreal and I think that's a good thing. The sky is what makes it. It has an interesting surreal quality. In B&W it almost appears as though the sky is on fire. I find it odd, strange and very cool. I don't think it needs darkening at all.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219454\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Now you mention it, I agree  
BFoto

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 07:43:01 PM »
ReplyReply

Is it a lightroom image that has a tad too much fill light maybe?

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad