Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 220 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1098717 times)
ChristopherBarrett
« Reply #3660 on: August 09, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »
ReplyReply

Mr. Barrett:  I'm glad to see a bayou boy make good.  Great shot.  I really like what you've een doing with motion as well.

Thanks, Much!  We actually just heard tonight that our new short has been selected as a finalist in the Louisiana Film Prize Competition, and will be screening at the festival this October.

*Psyched*
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #3661 on: August 09, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »
ReplyReply

sweet-congratulations!

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
Rob C

« Reply #3662 on: August 10, 2012, 03:03:58 AM »
ReplyReply

Tmark: What a Bayou boy means?

Thanks for this quote! In fact the camera is what matters less in all the pipeline, but...what often worries me is that it seems that it's not only a great quote to catch for the newbees...

Have you seen the latest film of Recuenco with iphones? it tells it all.

Yeah, the Coot stuff with the bubbles is truly wonderfull.

Fred, can you supply a link to the Recuenco film?

Regarding TMARK's statement, he's on the money. There's a level of quality which can hold you back, but there's also the level from which you need go no further. In effect, you just can't buy class, and class is what always comes through in Cooter's pictures. I think it's a measure of his outlook and operation. You only need to read his posts to understand that cameras are but a tiny part of the whole process.

In life, it's we who are often the main block to our own success, not our bank balances.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #3663 on: August 10, 2012, 03:07:31 AM »
ReplyReply

Tmark: What a Bayou boy means?

Listen to the Rajun' Cajun and find out:

http://www.klrzfm.com

Rob C

TMARK

« Reply #3664 on: August 10, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »
ReplyReply

Great news Chris!  Congratulations!

One of my favorite Swamp Pop guys, Charlie Adcock (CC Adcock, Little Band of Gold) calls South Louisiana LA on the Coast, the Gulf Coast that is.

Fred, the a Bayou boy is from Louisiana's Gulf Coast.  Cajun culture.  Good food and good music.  New Orleans is French and Spanish influenced.  The food is different, French inspired but heavier.  Feels more like Port au Prince than an American city, although that's been changing.  Its a great place to visit, not as great to produce something. 
Rob C

« Reply #3665 on: August 10, 2012, 01:36:21 PM »
ReplyReply

One of my favorite Swamp Pop guys, Charlie Adcock (CC Adcock, Little Band of Gold) calls South Louisiana LA on the Coast, the Gulf Coast that is.Fred, the a Bayou boy is from Louisiana's Gulf Coast.  Cajun culture.  Good food and good music.  New Orleans is French and Spanish influenced.  The food is different, French inspired but heavier.  Feels more like Port au Prince than an American city, although that's been changing.  Its a great place to visit, not as great to produce something. 

TMARK

http://youtu.be/FStRkTOP81s

Not a day passes Im not tuned into this stuff; just love its feel and slow, easy emotions. Other times it can break your heart.

Rob C

TMARK

« Reply #3666 on: August 10, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Rob,

It is authentic, 100%, to the bone soulful, honest music.  Glad you like it!
fredjeang
« Reply #3667 on: August 10, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »
ReplyReply

Rob, TMark, thanks for the Bayou explainations.

New Orleans is French and Spanish influenced...    Its a great place to visit, not as great to produce something.  

Sounds strangely familiar: french and spanish's tendencies. Hey, heritage heritage. We know we can't have good food and good producers in the same area.

Cheers from hell (40 on the shade at the moment)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:22:59 PM by fredjeang » Logged
jduncan

« Reply #3668 on: August 10, 2012, 10:13:04 PM »
ReplyReply

And here is that missing model, she was levitating:)

Again magnificent,

J. Duncan

english is not my first language, an I know is shows
bcooter
« Reply #3669 on: August 16, 2012, 05:13:15 AM »
ReplyReply

Small part of recent project, stills and motion.

BC
fredjeang
« Reply #3670 on: August 16, 2012, 07:59:06 AM »
ReplyReply

Weired,

It doesn't look like Cooter's imagery. Did you outsource the grading?
It reminds me of some Boris or Magic Bullet kind of output, but...if it's life style or advert and the target are kids, it makes all sense
as Polas are very fashionable on the young generation and therefore will talk to them.

Ps: maybe some vigneting and a bit less perfectly square (some defects on straight lines-borders) ?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:00:30 AM by fredjeang » Logged
Rob C

« Reply #3671 on: August 16, 2012, 12:10:02 PM »
ReplyReply

It'll never replace the ladies, Cooter...

;-)

Rob C

bcooter
« Reply #3672 on: August 16, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »
ReplyReply

You know your both right, but a gigs a gig.

Somedays you gotta play pop when in your heart is metal.

I prefer to shoot it this way, but . . . once again, a gig is a gig.

BC

Pingang

« Reply #3673 on: August 16, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »
ReplyReply

very beautiful, I love the group shot!

BR,
Pingang
Rob C

« Reply #3674 on: August 16, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »
ReplyReply

You know your both right, but a gigs a gig.

Somedays you gotta play pop when in your heart is metal.

I prefer to shoot it this way, but . . . once again, a gig is a gig.

BC

It's going to take a lot to better those shots of the girl leaning against a wall (or something) in the bar or restaurant with the jukebox of some year or so ago...

Woooof!

Rob C

ChristopherBarrett
« Reply #3675 on: August 16, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
ReplyReply

Cool project... a client's own offices.  We've done about 5 days of interiors and will be heading back with the motion cameras soon.

CB
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #3676 on: August 16, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »
ReplyReply

sweet project!

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
haefnerphoto

« Reply #3677 on: August 17, 2012, 06:07:01 AM »
ReplyReply

Chris, Those look great!  The designers did a nice job too.  Jim

fredjeang
« Reply #3678 on: August 17, 2012, 10:25:49 AM »
ReplyReply

I think that for an arquitecture photographer (well, now image maker) living in Chicago, one couldn't be happier.

However, if there are undoubdably talented arquitects and designers, I find the spaces they create generaly freezing, unhuman and ultimatly worrying.
It's like those Hopper paintings (I need to go to see the big retrospective currently in Madrid), those big empty spaces where loneliness touches the absurd of power etc...

If I always found the work of CB exemplary from a photographical point of view, the spaces of those assignements are cold, too large and often an egoic style exercice from the arquitects more than a real relation with the humnan nature.
In the end those arquitecture pics are resumed to lightning and composition of the manifestation of disproportions and megalomania in the projects and spaces. It's not the fault of the shooter but the subjects.
Look at this horror floor...better not to have a hole in your pants, or appropriate to watch between the legs of the secrataries, if they don't catch you and put on trial...
I'd hate to work in 90% of those unhuman spaces.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:31:48 AM by fredjeang » Logged
Rob C

« Reply #3679 on: August 17, 2012, 11:27:33 AM »
ReplyReply

I echo the thoughts about the floors; exactly like the tiles on the floors of Palma airport when they did it up some years ago: one spilled drink and a hundred broken legs before the cleaners' waggon gets there to mop it all up. A side-effect of the shine was that it tended to make people walking feel dizzy from all the reflected overhead lights; disorientation.

It's the books that amuse me: for what are they supposed to be? Do people read them; are they for reference (cribbing) or to sell ideas to clients? It's just as advertising agency receptions tended to look like in the seventies... pretentious. But, they have to do something with these buildings, so I guess they do the best they can and I certainly can't come up with better plans!

Obviously, the photography is bloody lovely, but the places are way off my own likes, which is probably why I never got to own such a space in the first instance, regardless of how I might have employed it.

Rob C

Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 220 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad