Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 220 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1073402 times)
Dick Roadnight

« Reply #3840 on: October 03, 2012, 06:05:09 AM »
ReplyReply

I noticed the model's breast and hair .. and these indicate that gravity is acting downwards?

As an engineer and assistant gymnastic instructor I am interested in this...

You can achieve "zero gravity" by using a shutter-beam and trampoline, and photographing subjects in mid-air, but that would not seem to be the case here, unless the breasts and hair are taken in a separate shot.

It looks as if she is supported under her legs, buttocks or back, taking several pictures so that no part of the body looks compressed by the support... I think that in one shot she is supported under her buttocks, and in another she is supported under her legs and back?

¿Perhaps "she" is a dummy, and the supporting plumbing is inserted into the lower abdomen via an orifice between her legs? (The centre of gravity of the human body is near the pubic bone, so it would be a logical location for support).

I have been levitating young gymnasts (hands on) arm's length above my head in the "flying angel" lift seen sometimes on television on dance programs ( I have been doing this "bottoms up" but you can support ladies in positions similar to what we see here.

There is a narrow age range where I can find gymnast good enough to pose and balance, but light enough for me to lift... the theory is that I do it with bigger girls each week! Winning the confidence of the young ladies is often the hard part!

"Luke, I am of course guessing but Michael E has model lying on their sides and he shoots from above. That is just by looking at their flexed muscles. Yes, I confess I am one of the two guys who is looking @ their calves."

Sean, unfortunately your suggestion that I am levitating above the model is incorrect:) The models are above the ground exactly in the position as shown on each photograph. A trip to the Home Depot plumbing department and a few hours of assembly of the support cage made this possible, and, above all, the bravery of the models to participate in these flying matters.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:08:58 AM by Dick Roadnight » Logged

Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
Scott Hargis

« Reply #3841 on: October 03, 2012, 01:07:26 PM »
ReplyReply

Kitchen detail. Exposed for halogens over stove, lit the cabinets, foreground. Gelled the undercabinet fluorescents a full cut of minus green.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:14:07 PM by Scott Hargis » Logged

<a href="http://www.scotthargisphoto.com">Website</a>
Graham Mitchell

« Reply #3842 on: October 03, 2012, 03:28:05 PM »
ReplyReply

Nicely done, Scott!

Graham Mitchell - www.graham-mitchell.com
Scott Hargis

« Reply #3843 on: October 03, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Simon,

I don't spend enough time on this forum to know whether this is normal here, but I have to say that I'm not comfortable with people downloading my photos, editing them, and then re-uploading.
I'm more than happy to hear your opinion of it, which is why I presented it, but I'd appreciate it if you'd delete your edited version. You comment is perfectly valid, and I hope you'll leave that up.

best, S

uaiomex

« Reply #3844 on: October 03, 2012, 10:04:50 PM »
ReplyReply

Dios mío Michael! This is your best ever!
Eduardo

Smiley Here is another one from the series:

uaiomex

« Reply #3845 on: October 03, 2012, 10:10:14 PM »
ReplyReply

You are getting better by the minute!
Eduardo
Here is a little more kick to the theme:

bcooter
« Reply #3846 on: October 04, 2012, 02:42:29 AM »
ReplyReply

Contax p21+

BC
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:46:35 AM by bcooter » Logged
KLaban

« Reply #3847 on: October 04, 2012, 04:31:36 AM »
ReplyReply

Just back from a trip to Greece. Amongst the projects was a planned shoot at Lovokomeio, the former leprosy colony and hospital in Chios. The colony which was founded by the Genoese in 1378 is the oldest medical facility in Greece. Destroyed by an earthquake in 1881 and rebuilt in 1909 it was eventually abandoned in 1959. Mixed emotions on the shoot, above all I felt the presence of the patients.

Before effective treatment became available the social stigma was such that there was little alternative to the colonies. Lovokomeio was partially funded by The Red Cross and provided much needed treatment and care. It was regarded as a progressive model for such communities. The colony is virtually unknown and has been left to decay. Thankfully it is no longer needed, but sadly the colonies persist elsewhere.

Hasselblad H3D11-22
HCD 4/28 Lens
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:33:57 AM by KLaban » Logged

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #3848 on: October 04, 2012, 04:55:03 AM »
ReplyReply

Kitchen detail. Exposed for halogens over stove, lit the cabinets, foreground. Gelled the undercabinet fluorescents a full cut of minus green.
It is nice to read that someone does it properly ... getting it right in camera.

Have you tried shooting different light sources in different shots and profiling, light balancing or post-processing each light source?

Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
MichaelEzra

« Reply #3849 on: October 04, 2012, 08:56:42 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks, Eduardo:)

@Dick, you are correct that gravity is acting downwards. I used a single cushioned support under the model's body that was removed in post with a single fill-in. You are lucky to have access to gymnasts! Most of the models I work with are in a very good physical shape, but are not gymnasts; there was only one in 2002. I wish I could find a contortionist to work with...

@Scott - very clean lighting, great job! Have you tried using Oloneo HRD relight (http://www.oloneo.com/en/page/products/photoengine/hdr-relight.html)? It allows to create a lighting composite based on individual frames, each shot using a separate light source.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:07:03 AM by MichaelEzra » Logged

Scott Hargis

« Reply #3850 on: October 04, 2012, 10:09:18 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Michael, I'm really blown away by this recent set of nudes you've posted.

I prefer not to do compositing unless I simply cannot accomplish the shot otherwise. I like to have the shot pretty thoroughly pre-visualized, and I personally find it difficult to keep track of too many "parts" when I'm building a shot towards that vision. I also work with clients who want to see and approve the shot on location, and I wouldn't want to ask them to "imagine" the final result. Realities of commercial photography sometimes dictate a window replacement, etc., but for the most part I find it faster, easier, and much better image quality to just get it in-camera.

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #3851 on: October 05, 2012, 09:33:27 AM »
ReplyReply

I agree with Scott, it's more professional to do it in camera, although sometimes it could be painful.

To complement the above comments I would suggest avoiding the blue light (daylight) hitting the right side of the steel parts.

It could be intentional but I think it contaminates the very clean otherwise. Just desaturating the blue would be enough.

ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #3852 on: October 05, 2012, 09:35:45 AM »
ReplyReply

Do you think I would get sue for using this image as a self promotional piece?

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #3853 on: October 05, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »
ReplyReply

I agree with Scott, it's more professional to do it in camera, although sometimes it could be painful.

To complement the above comments I would suggest avoiding the blue light (daylight) hitting the right side of the steel parts.

It could be intentional but I think it contaminates the very clean otherwise. Just desaturating the blue would be enough.

ACH

I completely disagree. The blue keys the slight warmth in the image and also sets the image apart as a real world design ie location shot instead of the ubiquitous studio manufacturers tile/plumbing/cabinetry shot.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:57:18 AM by Kirk Gittings » Logged

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #3854 on: October 05, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Kirk, something to learn. ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #3855 on: October 05, 2012, 10:05:03 AM »
ReplyReply

Architecture in the real world is never perfect. IMO if you PS/Light it whatever till it looks absolutely perfect it starts to look like a rendering or a staged studio set. In real architecture there are lot of distracting things that need to be fixed/lit in shot or in post-but take it to far and it starts to look fake. That is what I don't like about some contemporary fashion photography. The women look like mannequins with skin like the Pillsbury Dough Boy-about as interesting as a Stepford Wife.

Now much of the architecture/interiors I shoot have multiple uses for a client such as portfolio, editorial submissions and design competitions. The later two require some real world veracity and my considerable skills at "fixing" things have to be held in check. Showing mixed lighting is a part of that.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:10:20 AM by Kirk Gittings » Logged

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #3856 on: October 05, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »
ReplyReply

The line that defines what is acceptable and what is not in Architectural Photography is what takes longer to master. Thanks for sharing your experiences. ACH

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
KLaban

« Reply #3857 on: October 05, 2012, 10:51:20 AM »
ReplyReply

At times when viewing this thread one could be forgiven for thinking it's a virtual world.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:42:36 AM by KLaban » Logged

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #3858 on: October 05, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »
ReplyReply

It is just Professional Photography in the Digital World.

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
george2787

« Reply #3859 on: October 05, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »
ReplyReply

Contax p21+

BC

Bcooter, is he photoshopped in? I'm feeling it a little strange. But love the general ambient.
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 220 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad