Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 220 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1118624 times)
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #3880 on: October 09, 2012, 08:54:43 AM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

Shoot with a Mamiya RZ body, Leaf Aptus 75 back and 180mm SB lens with tilt/shift adaptor.

Question is. But is it art?

Just kidding.

Cheers

Simon

Hello Simon, nice work. There was a time when a "Tabasco" commercial image was print in poster size for decorative use. That could be.

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
KLaban

« Reply #3881 on: October 18, 2012, 10:21:50 AM »
ReplyReply

Peoples, I've never felt entirely comfortable posting non-commissioned work here. I'm wondering if there's a consensus that this thread should be reserved for commissioned commercial work only? Anyone have strong opinion either way?

Kirk Gittings

« Reply #3882 on: October 18, 2012, 10:26:07 AM »
ReplyReply

in my opinion, what combination of techniques you use doesn't matter. The point is to be in charge of a managed process, not just throwing shit at the wall and hoping that what sticks looks good. Pre-visualize the shot, and then go through whatever steps you need/want to get there. If the end result matches what was in your head....then you're doing it right.

Bang on.....

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)
TMARK

« Reply #3883 on: October 18, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »
ReplyReply

Peoples, I've never felt entirely comfortable posting non-commissioned work here. I'm wondering if there's a consensus that this thread should be reserved for commissioned commercial work only? Anyone have strong opinion either way?

Spec work is fine, or uncommissioned editorials, or promo pieces, but I'm never averse to seeing good images, no matter its reason for being.  I just don't want to see Canon cat pics.
Dick Roadnight

« Reply #3884 on: October 18, 2012, 11:52:29 AM »
ReplyReply

does anyone "do it professionally" by taking different shots for different light sources (e.g. daylight, tungsten and fluorescent) so that each light source can be independently light-balanced before merging the shots? This, of course, gives you a very wide range of options to satisfy a clients requirements.

Dick, I can tell you that lots of people work that way.
As I said on a different forum recently, in my opinion, what combination of techniques you use doesn't matter. The point is to be in charge of a managed process, not just throwing shit at the wall and hoping that what sticks looks good. Pre-visualize the shot, and then go through whatever steps you need/want to get there. If the end result matches what was in your head....then you're doing it right.
Yes, Scott, but one problem with working as a professional is (I think) that you may not know how the customer pre-visualises the shot - so it is good to have options for post-processing... e.g. to fill deep shadows by merging in another shot.

Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
Abdulrahman Aljabri

« Reply #3885 on: October 19, 2012, 06:14:13 AM »
ReplyReply

@Scott - very clean lighting, great job! Have you tried using Oloneo HRD relight (http://www.oloneo.com/en/page/products/photoengine/hdr-relight.html)? It allows to create a lighting composite based on individual frames, each shot using a separate light source.

Thanks for sharing this. I think you are referring to the feature described in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8AbUPG_SLYk#!

It looks like a very useful tool in some controlled environments, but do you find Oloneo capable of blending several exposures to construct interior pictures such as hotel rooms with window light? I tired photomatix and got mixed results. The software doesn't give independent control over how much detail and exposure is introduced in highlights and shadows. I end up with gray bed covers instead of white etc. Thus I resort to manual blending using masks. Great control but time consuming.   

Thanks
Abdulrahman

MY SITE: ALJABRI MEDIA PRODUCTION

Abdulrahman - and yes its a long name but has a meaning "servant of the merciful". you can also call me abdul
michele

« Reply #3886 on: October 19, 2012, 09:12:09 AM »
ReplyReply

Beautiful images here! Many compliemnts to all!
Here is my contribution, it's an image made for a wine box.

ctz

« Reply #3887 on: October 19, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »
ReplyReply

like it!
TMARK

« Reply #3888 on: October 19, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »
ReplyReply

Nice.  In the tradition of "Sporting" paintings from the UK.
Kirk Gittings

« Reply #3889 on: October 19, 2012, 10:58:42 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for sharing this. I think you are referring to the feature described in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8AbUPG_SLYk#!

It looks like a very useful tool in some controlled environments, but do you find Oloneo capable of blending several exposures to construct interior pictures such as hotel rooms with window light? I tired photomatix and got mixed results. The software doesn't give independent control over how much detail and exposure is introduced in highlights and shadows. I end up with gray bed covers instead of white etc. Thus I resort to manual blending using masks. Great control but time consuming.   

Thanks
Abdulrahman

I've had better success using LR/Enfuse and SNS HDR Pro, and then blending in parts of the original best exposure to the exposure blended HDR image.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

KLaban

« Reply #3890 on: October 19, 2012, 11:33:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Really nice.

Love to hear more about the making of the image.

michele

« Reply #3891 on: October 19, 2012, 11:48:05 AM »
ReplyReply

Really nice.

Love to hear more about the making of the image.

Thanks to all!  Grin
here is a snapshot of some of the images I used...

Kirk Gittings

« Reply #3892 on: October 19, 2012, 12:01:19 PM »
ReplyReply

Sweet. Nice job.

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM

bcooter
« Reply #3893 on: October 19, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
ReplyReply

Very, nice.

BC
KLaban

« Reply #3894 on: October 19, 2012, 12:42:17 PM »
ReplyReply

here is a snapshot of some of the images I used...

Thanks.

I hope the client was suitably impressed.

michele

« Reply #3895 on: October 19, 2012, 01:03:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Many thanks for your compliments, I appreciate that!

Yes the client was really happy!  Grin

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #3896 on: October 19, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Nice.  In the tradition of "Sporting" paintings from the UK.

Totally agree. Very Nice mood.

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #3897 on: October 19, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »
ReplyReply

These are from a recent job for the Architect and Interior designer Nacho Ferreira.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:58:25 PM by ACH DIGITAL » Logged

Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com
Scott Hargis

« Reply #3898 on: October 19, 2012, 08:43:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Antonio, that last shot is especially spectacular! Nice set. The second shot really messed with my eyes for a few seconds...

<a href="http://www.scotthargisphoto.com">Website</a>
Scott Hargis

« Reply #3899 on: October 19, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
ReplyReply

does anyone "do it professionally" by taking different shots for different light sources (e.g. daylight, tungsten and fluorescent) so that each light source can be independently light-balanced before merging the shots? This, of course, gives you a very wide range of options to satisfy a clients requirements.
Yes, Scott, but one problem with working as a professional is (I think) that you may not know how the customer pre-visualises the shot - so it is good to have options for post-processing... e.g. to fill deep shadows by merging in another shot.

Dick, that's a valid concern for some folks. I have a clause that requires client representation at the shoot, so they know exactly what they're getting, before we strike the set.

<a href="http://www.scotthargisphoto.com">Website</a>
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 220 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad