Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 220 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1078548 times)
amsp

« Reply #4060 on: January 01, 2013, 08:56:12 AM »
ReplyReply

On their website selected by them. I never said it was in the magazine nor pretending it, and it is a professional work Wink Happy new year !
http://www.vogue.it/en/photovogue/Portfolio/51b3f137-8c39-49eb-a5f0-408a5ebf79cb/Fullscreen

Good luck having yours selected Smiley

Oh please, on your website it's under "publications" Vogue Italy and you obviously choose to post the photo with their logo on it, when really it's just a user submission to their "photo of the day" on the website. Heck, it didn't even get selected for that and is only in their "archives" along with every other submission. You look pretty silly trying to pass it off as anything more than that when it's painfully obvious that the photo is nowhere near the level of being in Vogue, just saying. I see you're pretty new at this though, and modesty doesn't seem to be one of your strong suits, so I don't expect you'll take this to heart. Happy new Year to you too.
Hulyss

« Reply #4061 on: January 01, 2013, 09:36:12 AM »
ReplyReply

wow, you seems to not like me Smiley Good luck with that  Grin

Kind Regards - www.hulyssbowman.com
Gel

Excuse me while I bust a cap

« Reply #4062 on: January 01, 2013, 10:26:59 AM »
ReplyReply

Oh please, on your website it's under "publications" Vogue Italy and you obviously choose to post the photo with their logo on it, when really it's just a user submission to their "photo of the day" on the website. Heck, it didn't even get selected for that and is only in their "archives" along with every other submission. You look pretty silly trying to pass it off as anything more than that when it's painfully obvious that the photo is nowhere near the level of being in Vogue, just saying. I see you're pretty new at this though, and modesty doesn't seem to be one of your strong suits, so I don't expect you'll take this to heart. Happy new Year to you too.

He has a perfectly good point.

If it was a cover photo from the 'publication' then fair enough. But it isn't.

Chris Giles Photography
Hulyss

« Reply #4063 on: January 01, 2013, 10:41:35 AM »
ReplyReply

C'mon guys ... My photo has been selected by photovogue editorial staff in their rules which are pretty hard. I have now a folio on vogue.it and I did not added the vogue Logo, they did it. I do not break any rules and can obviously use this photo as I do on my site, the editorial staff themselves encouraged me to post more on my photos and working more and more hard.

I did it and they rewarded me by the selection of this photo (and trust me I have submitted a load, even better than this one !).

I proud of it, I show it and nothing is wrong with it. In my world this is a publication, period. Not paper, but it is one. Nothing block you to submit your photos to see if they select one and I will not come here, pompous, saying anything about it.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:45:09 AM by Hulyss » Logged

chaosphere

« Reply #4064 on: January 01, 2013, 11:08:33 AM »
ReplyReply

Was it done with MF ?

Matías Antoniassi
www.matantoniassi.com
Rob C

« Reply #4065 on: January 01, 2013, 11:46:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Whatever, it's a pretty girl and a nice photograph; let's start the new year with some spirit of goodwill.

Let's even chill out with some music.

http://youtu.be/IhH1zImBBfk

Prepare yourselves for the girl at the end - she can really do it, and should think about taking up jazz...

Rob C

Hulyss

« Reply #4066 on: January 01, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Happy New year Rob C Smiley And more girl for you !!

From the same shoot (this one haven't been selected).

Conner999

« Reply #4067 on: January 01, 2013, 12:49:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Very nice.
FredBGG

« Reply #4068 on: January 01, 2013, 01:20:39 PM »
ReplyReply

@amsp.

Hulyss is showing the photo exactly as it appears on the Vogue Italia website. Vogue.it is a Vogue publication.
Also he is not trying to peddle it as a print publication. On his website it is even clearly labeled as a portfolio selection.

Vogue Italy - December 2012 - Portfolio Selection

While the images are user submitted they are only published on the website when they are selected by the PhotoVogue section art department after a pretty selective process.

There is really no reason to put him down for posting a lovely photo on this thread or how he has it on his website.
It's a nice picture and vogue thought is was worthy for publication in its section about Photography.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:23:08 PM by FredBGG » Logged
TMARK

« Reply #4069 on: January 01, 2013, 01:36:58 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

I wish you a wonderful end of this year. See you next year Smiley

Pretty model.  This is offered as constructive criticism:  watch the fly aways. When you are shooting its almost impossible to watch the fly aways because you are doing a thousand other things, so your stylist/hair/MUA needs to be on the ball to take care of the details. This is why tethering is important for fashion.

Happy New Year!
Hulyss

« Reply #4070 on: January 01, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello TMARK,

Your criticism is very welcome Smiley By "fly aways" you mean the little hairs who are not disciplined ?? Yes I fight with them sometimes when they come one the face or close to the ears ^^

This is something very important indeed. PP on this after the shoot is so a waste of time ! Will remember it.

Unfortunately I do not have a hair stylist for now but I'm working on it Smiley

If one of your client want to work with this model here is her folio. She's a friend of me from Elite Milan :

http://www.elitemodel.it/details.aspx?modelid=606592&subid=2856&mainsubid=2856&lang=en&nav=2&modl=&indx=0&sexid=2&letter=E&show=2&catid=9

PS: Beware, amsp will say i do not deserve shooting Elite models ^^ (just kinding dear amsp Wink )
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:11:06 PM by Hulyss » Logged

chaosphere

« Reply #4071 on: January 01, 2013, 02:56:20 PM »
ReplyReply

Hulyss you did not answered my question  Wink

Matías Antoniassi
www.matantoniassi.com
Rob C

« Reply #4072 on: January 01, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »
ReplyReply

If one of your client want to work with this model here is her folio. She's a friend of me from Elite Milan :

http://www.elitemodel.it/details.aspx?modelid=606592&subid=2856&mainsubid=2856&lang=en&nav=2&modl=&indx=0&sexid=2&letter=E&show=2&catid=9

Wish she was a friend of mine! Help change the situation here on St Helena, Mallorca, Baleares!

;-)

Rob C

Hulyss

« Reply #4073 on: January 01, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »
ReplyReply

Hulyss you did not answered my question  Wink

Hello Chaosphere,

This is done with a digital camera !

I do not communicate on my material. I shoot that's the most important to my eyes Smiley

Wish she was a friend of mine! Help change the situation here on St Helena, Mallorca, Baleares!

;-)

Rob C

Every things is possible. I'm sure there is some pretty models to spot were you live, to be transmitted to Elite or Ford head hunters Wink

MJSPhoto

« Reply #4074 on: January 01, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »
ReplyReply

Was it done with MF ?
Hulyss you did not answered my question  

I don't get why people are hassling this person

What difference does it make if it is MF? People have long been posting images from 35mm, video cameras, etc, so why are you suddenly "policing" the thread?
I don't shoot MF anymore but this is one of the more interesting threads on the internets (and frankly this thread  probably shouldn't even be in the MF section IMO)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:41:15 PM by MJSPhoto » Logged
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #4075 on: January 01, 2013, 04:54:24 PM »
ReplyReply

... What difference does it make if it is MF? People have long been posting images from 35mm, video cameras, etc,... this is one of the more interesting threads on the internets...

It is... precisely because of the exclusion of (us) amateurs with non-MF. Those who occasionally post something else are well-established professionals who predominantly shoot (and post) MF and are paid for it.

... (and frankly this thread  probably shouldn't even be in the MF section IMO)

But it is. And as long as it is, pro-wannabes with Sigma's one-trick pony need not apply.

On the other hand, you (or anyone else) are welcome to start a new thread: Recent (Almost) Professional Works with Anything-Goes Cameras

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
MJSPhoto

« Reply #4076 on: January 01, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
ReplyReply

It is... precisely because of the exclusion of (us) amateurs with non-MF. Those who occasionally post something else are well-established professionals who predominantly shoot (and post) MF and are paid for it.

But it is. And as long as it is, pro-wannabes with Sigma's one-trick pony need not apply.

On the other hand, you (or anyone else) are welcome to start a new thread: Recent (Almost) Professional Works with Anything-Goes Cameras

Roll Eyes Shooting with medium format does not make one pro and plenty of people get paid to shoot smaller formats, myself included
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:03:52 PM by MJSPhoto » Logged
K.C.

« Reply #4077 on: January 01, 2013, 05:29:38 PM »
ReplyReply

Nice to see the LL community offer it's usual cheerful demeanor on the first day of the new year.

Gel

Excuse me while I bust a cap

« Reply #4078 on: January 01, 2013, 05:35:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Rules are rules.

However I did see a behind the scenes of a Next Catalog shoot and the guy was using a 1DX, a guest photographer on Top Model using a 5D2 etc so I think it would be a perfectly good idea to have a thread with 35mm cameras, paid work only mind you.

Chris Giles Photography
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #4079 on: January 01, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Roll Eyes Shooting with medium format does not make one pro and plenty of people get paid to shoot smaller formats, myself included

Nobody said otherwise. However, this thread is about professional photography done with MF. For any other combination, feel free to start a new thread.

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 220 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad