Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 220 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1097540 times)
KLaban

« Reply #4200 on: January 17, 2013, 01:40:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Being from the Netherlands, I personally have no problem whatsoever with NSFW, au contraire, but aren't we slowly treading into "linking" territory instead of "embedding" these type of images?

If folk are worried about viewing such images at work then perhaps they need to consider a career change?

opgr

« Reply #4201 on: January 17, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »
ReplyReply

If folk are worried about viewing such images at work then perhaps they need to consider a career change?

LOL  Grin

Regards,
Oscar Rysdyk
theimagingfactory
wolfnowl

« Reply #4202 on: January 17, 2013, 02:01:20 PM »
ReplyReply

If that's the makeup artist, it makes me wonder what the photographer was wearing... Wink

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Rob C

« Reply #4203 on: January 17, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
ReplyReply

If that's the makeup artist, it makes me wonder what the photographer was wearing... Wink

Mike.

Ah Mike, you give me too much credit: either cut-off jeans (quite the thing on beaches at one time) or cheap market-bought shorts, and definitely a T-shirt. When younger, the T-shirt wouldn't have been there because I was inordinately proud of my pecs; that everything else but the triceps was on the thin side escaped me at the time. Why the pecs? Simple: 120 to 130 press-ups every single night before retiring, from the age of sixteen or so till the early thirties (mine!). Today, I could compete with the models, if you see what I mean. So no, too much of a single exercise, in the long run, doesn't pay! There were no gyms around my area in those early days in which to even out development.

Is this a confessional into which I stumbled? Maybe Viccy's Secret will call?

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #4204 on: January 17, 2013, 02:32:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Why? No need. Just outsource your job to China and spend the time at work viewing such images (and cat videos)  Grin

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Rob C

« Reply #4205 on: January 17, 2013, 02:45:42 PM »
ReplyReply

Slobodan, I just tried your link and it froze my computer.

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #4206 on: January 17, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Pure coincidence, Rob.

P.S. Come to think of it, pictures you've been posting as of lately could have fried a few circuits somewhere, I am sure  Grin

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Scott Hargis

« Reply #4207 on: January 17, 2013, 04:12:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Note to self: include a set of boobs in the next interiors photos. Better still, two set of boobs.

<a href="http://www.scotthargisphoto.com">Website</a>
haefnerphoto

« Reply #4208 on: January 17, 2013, 09:56:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Here are some images made recently for Road and Track's C7 Corvette cover story.  With the exception of the cover I've added backgrounds to the shots.  The images printed with just a grey sweep behind the vehicles.  Jim

PeteZ28

« Reply #4209 on: January 17, 2013, 10:26:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Awesome shots, I have been drooling over them since they were released!

Important question: Did you get to drive it?  Grin
Rob C

« Reply #4210 on: January 18, 2013, 03:14:18 AM »
ReplyReply

Note to self: include a set of boobs in the next interiors photos. Better still, two set of boobs.

That should not prove difficult, Scott; there's usually some 'logical' place for which such design elements to repose. Could become a sort of trademark, somewhat like a mouse?

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #4211 on: January 18, 2013, 03:18:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Great cars shots, Jim; the eyes and butt of that car are absolutely malevolently feline! Love 'em!

Rob C

MarkoRepse

« Reply #4212 on: January 18, 2013, 06:09:05 AM »
ReplyReply

Very nice Rob! Great title too.
Rob C

« Reply #4213 on: January 18, 2013, 07:21:56 AM »
ReplyReply

Very nice Rob! Great title too.

Thanks, I enjoy playing with words and pictures. It became a bit of a thing with two clients; both liked me to write some brief caption to the calendar pages which left me somewhat bemused; one never knew quite how far off-centre it was permissible to stray or, for that matter, whether the attempt would remain far too opaque. In the end, I did what I though was okay and they just went along with it. One client actually laughed and said: I have no idea what you're talking about, but I like it. I wonder sometimes if that would be possible today, what with political correctness and all that self-defeating nonsense... I'm reliably informed that some of the younger ladies actually do like folks to hold doors open for them; there's a glimmer of hope!

;-)

Rob C

K.C.

« Reply #4214 on: January 18, 2013, 07:27:22 PM »
ReplyReply

Here are some images made recently for Road and Track's C7 Corvette cover story.

Great shots!

It's refreshing to see an actual car. Audio and BMW having moved largely to CGI now. I have a couple of friends ready to close amazing studios in Germany because of it.
FredBGG

« Reply #4215 on: January 18, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Great shots!

It's refreshing to see an actual car. Audio and BMW having moved largely to CGI now. I have a couple of friends ready to close amazing studios in Germany because of it.

I had a discussion with a car designer a little while ago. I brought up the issue of CG car adds and press releases. He said that a large part of the move to CG is the direction car photography and heavy retouching took.

He said that so much of the car photography is so heavily processed that it starts to look CG. In particular he was referring to the HDR sort of look heavy blacks and contrasts that you just don't see in reality.

In his words he's just seen car photography moved so much towards photo/photoshop illustration that the next logical step was CG.

Many watch makers have gone the same way, but there it's different due to the fact that they are making full pages of small objects do you need to go past reality to have an appearance that
would look comparable to real life viewing of a small object.

To a certain extent I see it happening in fashion photography... Skin textures that are more of an illustration rather than photography. HDR type looks, over working the files etc.
What is interesting is that the more important fashion work is more photographic looking and less post produced. Not saying that they don't retouch wrinkles and folds, but they keep
a more photographic look there.

However it's interesting that at the very high end you will still find a more "purist" (less manipulated) photographic look.

For example IWC campaign and book by Peter Lindbergh. http://www.iwc.com/en/experiences/days-portofino/
Also a look at the Bugatti website media and the cars are shot in a less processed looking way. http://www.bugatti.com/en/experience/media.html
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:57:49 PM by FredBGG » Logged
K.C.

« Reply #4216 on: January 18, 2013, 09:54:04 PM »
ReplyReply

He said that so much of the car photography is so heavily processed that it starts to look CG. In particular he was referring to the HDR sort of look heavy blacks and contrasts that you just don't see in reality.

But that's been true for a few years and I don't really think it's HDR that's creating the look, but heavy post production.

There's also the reality of the time it takes. Engineering (CAD) files > wire frame for CG app > infinite selection of lighting at rendering stage = a lot less man hours = smaller budget.

While I really do like the shots of the Vette, the tail end of the cars looks completely like it was rendered. Still a great shot, just an observation.

There's a fine line between the two and both can look great.

Check this out: http://www.profoto.com/blog/videos/video-tim-bjorns-wireless-truck-shoot/

haefnerphoto

« Reply #4217 on: January 18, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »
ReplyReply

The main reason for automotive art to be accomplished in CG is the lack of a product to photograph.  CG can be realistic or stylized just as photography can be, I see CG images frequently that I can't determine whether they are a photograph or not.  The idea that overproduced car photography leads to an increase of CGI isn't really accurate.  At least in the US automotive photography is increasing from where it was 3-4 years ago, one reason is it's cheaper in many instances.  Another interesting issue about costs is that there is usually just as much retouching on a CG image as there is a photograph.  This Corvette project was accomplished in eleven hours with the car during which I took 13 different photographs, it was an ambitious program by any standard. I turned over the final files within a week of shooting them, this could not have been possible working in CG.  Usually editorial car photography is not stylized and realistic by nature, this project was a studio project due to the incredible amount of security necessary to keep the launch of the vehicle closed (not shown before it's announcement).  My studio photography of automobiles tends to be on the dramatic side and while the actual retouching of the sheetmetal is minimal when a studio car is placed into a location it becomes a bit surreal looking.  But as I mentioned, with the exception of the cover, the vehicle images in the article where just placed on a grey sweep.  There is definitely a move to more realistic imagery in many areas of advertising photography right now but the auto manufacturers are generally more comfortable with great imagery of their product then editorial looks at the car because the vehicles design is so important to it's success.  My background makes it hard for me to not try to define the vehicle's shape and I really enjoy the opportunity to emphasize certain design characteristics.  It's just what I do.  I'm particularly happy with the 3-4 rear and profile, my rep likes the cover because it's basically real, so hopefully I've got some new samples that illustrate both concepts.

Concerning the rear end of the car, it's just a couple of lights bounced into a flat above the vehicle and maybe a little fill on a side wall, certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

MJSPhoto

« Reply #4218 on: January 18, 2013, 10:35:55 PM »
ReplyReply

Probably not a good idea to post right after Jim's amazing shots but since we are on cars now.....

A concept car I shot for Hyundai. Project kept getting delayed and then it showed up to the studio 4 hours late meaning I ended up with only about 6 hours of shooting time before it went on the truck to Detroit. Had to pull an all-nighter on the post to make it into the presentation  Sad

haefnerphoto

« Reply #4219 on: January 18, 2013, 10:52:25 PM »
ReplyReply

MJS, Nice job on the exteriors but I think the interior really looks great!  Jim

Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 220 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad