Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 220 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1042189 times)
Rob C

« Reply #4280 on: January 28, 2013, 11:25:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks, Oscar, I'll have another look at the file and the steps, and also bear in mind about the basic black point. Oddly, I don't remember running into quite the same problems with the earlier colour shot I posted of the girl on the beach, but that was from an actual scan, not via a camera copy of a tranny, and Nikon Capture NX2 had no part in the party.

;-)

Rob C

bcooter
« Reply #4281 on: January 28, 2013, 11:36:43 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob,

If your really serious about reproduction, I'd look seriously at a good scanning service, that will wet mount drum scans.

The initial costs may be high, but you'll save in the long run and have something that you can reproduce in any medium.

Just a thought.

Anyway

BC
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:44:42 AM by bcooter » Logged
Slobodan Blagojevic

« Reply #4282 on: January 28, 2013, 11:52:07 AM »
ReplyReply

Another glorification of gun violence?

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
bcooter
« Reply #4283 on: January 28, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Another glorification of gun violence?

Yawn.

BC
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:09:21 PM by bcooter » Logged
KLaban

« Reply #4284 on: January 28, 2013, 12:42:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Seems to have taken on a redder look, for some reason. Oh well, time for a walk.

Rob, almost certainly due to skipping in and out of differing workspaces; an 'Embedded Profile Mismatch'. If you're not willing or able to update your ancient copy of Photoshop 6.0 then perhaps you could do some research to see if there is a possibility of free software programs that would enable you to change the metadata on existing images.

Wet mount drum scans - whilst desirable and I wouldn't use anything else - won't solve your current issues.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:45:01 PM by KLaban » Logged

Rob C

« Reply #4285 on: January 28, 2013, 12:49:43 PM »
ReplyReply

Rob,

If your really serious about reproduction, I'd look seriously at a good scanning service, that will wet mount drum scans.

The initial costs may be high, but you'll save in the long run and have something that you can reproduce in any medium.

Just a thought.

Anyway

BC

Hi!

Yes, a drum scanner would indeed be nice, but my basic problem these days is that there’s next to nothing left to scan! As I think I’ve mentioned in the past, I sold or dumped pretty much everything when I moved to live in Spain. At most, I may have about a dozen 6x6 and the same in 6x7, the latter local landscape ‘atmospherics’ intended for travel stock and nothing I’d lke to work on at all. For what’s left, it’s hadly worth the bother for so small a volume. I'm a bit better off with volume in 35mm, though.

Your shot with the smoke rang bells: there’s was a huge department store in Glasgow called McDonalds, part of the House of Fraser. I was asked to shoot a Christmas press ad. for them one year, and we decided to photograph a large Christmas tree that had been erected in Central Station, with lots of fancy fake presents stacked up at the foot, and a model wearing some outfit or the other. I’d bought a smoke bomb thing from a theatrical supplier some time before, and since the background was pretty distracting and pot-ugly, I decided to set off the smoke thing in order to create mystery/mood. We’d got permission to photograph there, but nobody had thought of the artificial smoke, least of all myself, for whom it has been a last-minute idea as I packed the car; one of those ‘just in case’ moments, you know.

Anyway, we did some preliminary pix and then I introduced the smoke. You’d think we had started to fire machine guns! We didn’t get long to work using it – couldn’t control it at all because it was a wide open space inside the building, draughts in every direction, and we were pretty much thrown out. But we did get the ad, so not too bad. Never used smoke again.

I like your shots; the girl in the non-smoke one reminds me of a young Laetitia Casta. It's those delightful little tendrils at the side...

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #4286 on: January 28, 2013, 12:51:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Rob, almost certainly due to skipping in and out of differing workspaces; an 'Embedded Profile Mismatch'. If you're not willing or able to update your ancient copy of Photoshop 6.0 then perhaps you could do some research to see if there is a possibility of free software programs that would enable you to change the metadata on existing images.

Wet mount drum scans - whilst desirable and I wouldn't use anything else - won't solve your current issues.

Boy, don't I know it!

;-)

Rob C

KLaban

« Reply #4287 on: January 28, 2013, 03:33:50 PM »
ReplyReply

Rob, I've managed to find a copy of Photoshop 6.0. The good news is I can see no reason why you can't add metadata.

Simply open your jpeg, go to File and then File Info, select the section you want to add to using the Section > drop down list and type in your metadata. When prompted save your changes.

SecondFocus

« Reply #4288 on: January 28, 2013, 08:54:17 PM »
ReplyReply

Superb photographs of course!

Can we ask what the "backstory" is on these?

What was the assignment, shot where on what? What was done in post?

I do find the story behind photos very fascinating.

Thanks!

Ian

Rob,

Just a thought.

Anyway

BC

Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus
Rob C

« Reply #4289 on: January 29, 2013, 03:13:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob, I've managed to find a copy of Photoshop 6.0. The good news is I can see no reason why you can't add metadata.

Simply open your jpeg, go to File and then File Info, select the section you want to add to using the Section > drop down list and type in your metadata. When prompted save your changes.

Keith, I'm very grateful to you for having gone to all this trouble on my behalf; did you find the PS6 in the Science Museum? 8-)

I've made a note of this now, and will try that route on the next images. It would be lovely to be able to avoid another trip into NX2 territory!

Again, thank you very much for your concern - much appreciated.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #4290 on: January 29, 2013, 03:18:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Superb photographs of course!

I do find the story behind photos very fascinating.Thanks!

Ian

I couldn't agree more! It's fascinating to learn what makes other snappers tick (or should that be snap?) and also the how/why of that snapping.

I really like to get to know more about the person behind the work, not just look at their results.

It's even better when the images are beautiful, as here.

Rob C

bcooter
« Reply #4291 on: January 29, 2013, 03:57:05 AM »
ReplyReply

I do find the story behind photos very fascinating.

Thanks!

Ian

Ian, Rob C, Thanks for the kind words.

This is an editorial project for a fashion/lifestyle magazine that is published in southeast asia and distributed throughout the Pacific Rim.

It's a beautiful glossy magazine with great printing and I love working for them.

The story was a day in the life of a Hollywood actress.  We shot on the Sony Movie lot, our Santa Monica Studio, the hot rod shop I patronize and the beach.

Two day shoot, one model, multiple looks.

Not a lot of post on most of the images, mostly just clean up coloration and some tonal changes.  Obviously some layer dodging and burning.

Once again, thanks for the kind reply.

IMO

BC
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:49:38 AM by bcooter » Logged
KLaban

« Reply #4292 on: January 29, 2013, 04:11:34 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob, you're very welcome.

Let me know if you have any issues.

KLaban

« Reply #4293 on: January 29, 2013, 04:14:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Love that dirty girl.

Rob C

« Reply #4294 on: January 29, 2013, 08:29:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Love that dirty girl.

Great minds think alike!

Maybe makeup artists have more fun?

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:37:24 AM by Rob C » Logged

KLaban

« Reply #4295 on: January 29, 2013, 08:42:19 AM »
ReplyReply

...and the shot of her inside the car was even dirtier.

Wonderful work.

Rob C

« Reply #4296 on: January 29, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob, you're very welcome.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Tried this one using the info. in your post; it reads differently in Spanish, but maybe I got it right: could you check, please? I don't want even to try taking this file into Nikon Capture!

Kodachrome; F2 or F3; 4/200 Nikkor.

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:32:36 AM by Rob C » Logged

KLaban

« Reply #4297 on: January 29, 2013, 09:41:16 AM »
ReplyReply

Tried this one using the info. in your post; it reads differently in Spanish, but maybe I got it right: could you check, please? I don't want even to try taking this file into Nikon Capture!

Rob, the point is I don't have to check. Just open the jpeg in your copy of Photoshop 6.0 go to File, then File Info and you can check if the metadata has stuck. If it's there everything is OK.

PS. I checked anyway and unfortunately there's no metadata. I'll PM you.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:44:16 AM by KLaban » Logged

SeanBK

« Reply #4298 on: January 29, 2013, 10:57:16 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob C,
 Not to stick my nose in, but I checked in NX2. Like KLaben said the MetaData did not stick in NX2 nor in PS5.
    Sean
Rob C

« Reply #4299 on: January 29, 2013, 11:10:27 AM »
ReplyReply

This is driving me (and I guess you!) nuts!

Back to that damned drawing board!

Rob C

P.S. Here's a screen grab off the PS6 screen - nothing has been changed. The info was really there! The data shows copyright info as well as the website for contacting me; don't know what else can be done. I can't understand why it's invisible to you chaps.

P.S.2  I note from this grab that there's also a box left white that asks about showing copyright; perhaps that also has to be ticked. Oh shit.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:01:01 PM by Rob C » Logged

Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 220 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad