Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Comparison of Epson 7900 versus HP Z3200  (Read 44098 times)
Mr Nikon

« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2008, 09:53:02 AM »
ReplyReply

Hey gang,

Iím totally new to the whole big printer game but I have been eying the HP Z3200. Is it worth the extra money for the Z3200ps?? Keep in mind I have no clue what a RIP is. Frankly the colour could be a little off now and then because this is for personal use. Iím partially colour blind anyways so how would I know if it was correct or not. I just want to print be able to print a few large shots a couple times a month. I normally shoot a lot of BW. So is it worthwhile to get the PS version or am I wasting my money?? Thanks!!
neil snape

« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2008, 10:04:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Mr Nikon
Hey gang,

Iím totally new to the whole big printer game but I have been eying the HP Z3200. Is it worth the extra money for the Z3200ps?? Keep in mind I have no clue what a RIP is. Frankly the colour could be a little off now and then because this is for personal use. Iím partially colour blind anyways so how would I know if it was correct or not. I just want to print be able to print a few large shots a couple times a month. I normally shoot a lot of BW. So is it worthwhile to get the PS version or am I wasting my money?? Thanks!!

Seems to be a mistake in marketing that HP doesn't want to admit. There is no clear answer as to what the PS version or rather who it is targeting. There are many advantages to having an onboard rip, especially being a true Adobe Postscript motor. It let's you send almost any file format, any length, color format and so forth. It has a larger hard drive and more memory for processing and saving the spooled jobs to.
It does not change anything in color output goes though. There are Pantone libraries on board though but I've not met a photographer that is using Pantone (other than possibly duo-tri -quadri-tone EPS) in imagery. Since using Lightroom , I cannot see any reason to ever touch multi layered toned images again.

What HP should do of course, is to bundle the APS that comes with the PS version for a very reasonable price, and leave the PS for those who need connectivity etc for  production needs.

It seems to me that the new Z has a much different profiler onboard which makes APS redundant for rgb profiling.

So if you want a printer for rgb (and greyscale) and it be a Z3200 then the non PS version is all you need.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad