Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: UK Insurance clain  (Read 1438 times)
situgrrl

« on: October 28, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »
ReplyReply

Returning from holiday, I lost my compact camera bought last November for about £280.  The company have paid me £120 based on the second hand value. This seems unreasonable - does anyone know how to appeal this?  I have yet to recieve the letter sent 24 Oct but the money has been BACS transferred to my account.

Thanks

Charly

Rob C

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 10:55:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: situgrrl
Returning from holiday, I lost my compact camera bought last November for about £280.  The company have paid me £120 based on the second hand value. This seems unreasonable - does anyone know how to appeal this?  I have yet to recieve the letter sent 24 Oct but the money has been BACS transferred to my account.

Thanks

Charly

With respect, I think you have been treated very fairly; for the sum involved, I wouldn´t fight anybody - chalk it up to experience. If you want better insurance, then perhaps you could try a different source where you can pay a premium to get new for old/lost/stolen/broken.

I had such a policy during my active pro days and it was expensive and I still had to pay separately for things like weather insurance etc. if I was going on a shoot. However, the peace of mind was worth it.

I have no idea if such policies are currently available - the meltdown in banking etc. must be cutting everything to shreds.

Good luck, anyway.

Rob C

jjj

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 03:17:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Unless your policy gives you 'New for Old' then second hand value is all you will ever get.

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spineless.   Futt Futt Futt Photography
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad