Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: NEC 2690 Wuxi vs. Eizo CG222, please help  (Read 5589 times)
annesophieheist
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 26


WWW
« on: November 05, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »
ReplyReply

I have been searching for a good monitor which will fit my budget for a couple of months now but still cant decide which one to go for. I am the worst shopper when it comes to making up my mind. Please advise, help, review on the following.
NEC 2690 WUXI vs. EIZO CG222
Has anyone in the professional field of retouching used or played around with any of these?
Any other monitors I should look into?
Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me finalise my decision before I spend all my money on christmas presents for my family and end up working another 12 months on my mac book pro 15'inch poorly calibrated monitor.
Logged
Josh-H
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1910



WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 03:25:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: annesophieheist
I have been searching for a good monitor which will fit my budget for a couple of months now but still cant decide which one to go for. I am the worst shopper when it comes to making up my mind. Please advise, help, review on the following.
NEC 2690 WUXI vs. EIZO CG222
Has anyone in the professional field of retouching used or played around with any of these?
Any other monitors I should look into?
Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me finalise my decision before I spend all my money on christmas presents for my family and end up working another 12 months on my mac book pro 15'inch poorly calibrated monitor.

An invitation to spend someone elses money - how can one resist!  

Seriously though.. I use the NEC 2690 Wuxi and its a wonderful monitor - so it gets my vote. I have not used the Eizo, but did look at it before I chose the NEC as it was significantly cheaper and I couldnt see any benefit to the Eizo.

Happy shopping  
Logged

walter.sk
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1332


« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 04:30:39 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: annesophieheist
I have been searching for a good monitor which will fit my budget for a couple of months now but still cant decide which one to go for. I am the worst shopper when it comes to making up my mind. Please advise, help, review on the following.
NEC 2690 WUXI vs. EIZO CG222
Has anyone in the professional field of retouching used or played around with any of these?
Any other monitors I should look into?
Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me finalise my decision before I spend all my money on christmas presents for my family and end up working another 12 months on my mac book pro 15'inch poorly calibrated monitor.

I looked at both monitors at PhotoPlus Expo a few weeks ago, and decided on the NEC 2690, but the new version that is just coming out:  2690WUXi2.  It has a wider gamut (98% of Adobe RGB) and is replacing the 2690WUXi.  NEC said they should be in the stores within a couple of weeks.  The EIZO is certainly a very nice monitor but I can't justify the extra money, as the NEC is certainly more than adequate for professional photographic work, which is what I do.
Logged
Wayne Fox
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2895



WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 10:56:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: walter.sk
I looked at both monitors at PhotoPlus Expo a few weeks ago, and decided on the NEC 2690, but the new version that is just coming out:  2690WUXi2.  It has a wider gamut (98% of Adobe RGB) and is replacing the 2690WUXi.  NEC said they should be in the stores within a couple of weeks.  The EIZO is certainly a very nice monitor but I can't justify the extra money, as the NEC is certainly more than adequate for professional photographic work, which is what I do.

So if they were priced the same which one would you pick?
Logged

annesophieheist
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 26


WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 01:27:46 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Wayne Fox
So if they were priced the same which one would you pick?

yes, if both were the same price would you still go for the NEC?
I am having sleepless nights trying to decide which one to go for.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad