Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Leaf end of year bargains  (Read 4325 times)
yaya
Guest
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:48:28 PM »
ReplyReply

We are offering some good deals on factory refurbished Leaf backs from various mounts and types until the end of the year.

Please have a look at the US and the UK offers

Yair
Logged
felix5616
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 746


« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:22:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: yaya
We are offering some good deals on factory refurbished Leaf backs from various mounts and types until the end of the year.

Please have a look at the US and the UK offers

Yair
i called the number supplied, got transferred 3 times to different people,none of whom knew anything about the sale. Not a good way to sell gear.
Logged
ddk
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 274


WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 11:21:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Same here Yair, Leaf US people that I talked to have no idea about the ad, nor do they know if the sales are handled directly by Leaf or through dealers.
Logged

david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk
felix5616
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 746


« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 11:48:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: ddk
Same here Yair, Leaf US people that I talked to have no idea about the ad, nor do they know if the sales are handled directly by Leaf or through dealers.
If its hard to reach someone to make a purchase I wonder what its like to reach service.
Logged
ricm
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 109


WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »
ReplyReply

Emailed and haven't heard a thing.
Logged
smhoer
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 71


WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 11:56:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Emailed last night.  Got a read receipt at 6am this morning (Mark Rezzonico [MarkR@MacGroupUS.com) and have heard nothing since.
Logged

Scott H.
North Carolina
klane
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 785

I live in a c-stand fort.


« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 01:03:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Yair knows whats up and is fast to answer questions....

HOWEVER

Leaf's US sales/support is the worst I have ever encountered. They simply do not know what they are doing and are staffed by seemingly non professionals.  The only person Ive talked to at leaf that was ever friendly and very knowledgeable in the usa was a regional rep for my area I think his name is Bob. Id suggest anyone in the usa to bypass leaf and talk to PPR atlanta.

I also emailed to get pricing on the 65 and 65s...no word.

I have feeling its not directly Leaf's fault as it is mac group. Ive called multiple times about different products inthe mac group family only to be treated rudely and to come up empty handed on the info I needed. One time I was grunted at over the phone by the receptionist when I asked to speak to some one at leaf about adapters.

rant over.
Logged
felix5616
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 746


« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 01:08:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: klane
Yair knows whats up and is fast to answer questions....

HOWEVER

Leaf's US sales/support is the worst I have ever encountered. They simply do not know what they are doing and are staffed by seemingly non professionals.  The only person Ive talked to at leaf that was ever friendly and very knowledgeable in the usa was a regional rep for my area I think his name is Bob. Id suggest anyone in the usa to bypass leaf and talk to PPR atlanta.

I also emailed to get pricing on the 65 and 65s...no word.

I have feeling its not directly Leaf's fault as it is mac group. Ive called multiple times about different products inthe mac group family only to be treated rudely and to come up empty handed on the info I needed. One time I was grunted at over the phone by the receptionist when I asked to speak to some one at leaf about adapters.

rant over.
when there are so many different companies selling medium format backs it doesn't pay to waste time on a company that is this inefficient/ineffective. Time to move on
Logged
duncanmckie
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 3


« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 04:40:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Emailed and got no response.
Logged
klane
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 785

I live in a c-stand fort.


« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 04:49:33 PM »
ReplyReply

update: I was emailed today.

I had inquired about the 65 and 65s

I was told that I needed let them know what region I was in as the list varies by region........

Im not quite sure if that means prices very by region or what. We shall see.
Logged
mosko
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 16


« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
ReplyReply

I emailed yesterday and have received no response either.

Mosko


Logged
yaya
Guest
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 06:42:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Here's the deal...

The response since my post last night (UK time) was overwhelming. I've just spoken to the relevant person at Leaf America and all the email inquiries will have a reply by tomorrow morning (US).

Yair
Logged
SeanBK
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 508


« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 07:25:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: yaya
Here's the deal...

The response since my post last night (UK time) was overwhelming. I've just spoken to the relevant person at Leaf America and all the email inquiries will have a reply by tomorrow morning (US).

Yair

I got call back but I am not sure these are the 50% off prices!! but this is what they told me (I got the e-mail what Yair posted).
65   @ $11,250.00 (all prices are US$)
65S @ $12,995.00
54S @ $14,995.00
55S @ $18,500.00
75S @ $19,995.00
   I thought they would be less.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:26:03 PM by SeanBK » Logged
Tomcat
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 8


« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 07:31:29 PM »
ReplyReply

I got some different prices than those from my Leaf dealer.  I bet there are some variations from dealer to dealer.  Shop around.
Logged
yaya
Guest
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 07:52:16 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: ddk
Same here Yair, Leaf US people that I talked to have no idea about the ad, nor do they know if the sales are handled directly by Leaf or through dealers.

I'm not in the US and I don't work for Leaf America but I know quite a few people in the MAC group and they are highly professional and very knowledgeable in dealing with their main products such as Leaf, Mamiya, Profoto, PocketWizard X-Rite, Tenba and Eizo.

I should also add that MAC is a distribution company and therefore their products are only sold through dealers. I'm 100% sure that every single employee there knows that very well.

At least for Leaf and Mamiya I can say from 1st hand experience that there are very few distributors world wide that provide such a high level of support and dedication and this is true not just in the photographic industry.

Yair
Logged
Tomcat
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 8


« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 07:56:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: yaya
I'm not in the US and I don't work for Leaf America but I know quite a few people in the MAC group and they are highly professional and very knowledgeable in dealing with their main products such as Leaf, Mamiya, Profoto, PocketWizard X-Rite, Tenba and Eizo.

I should also add that MAC is a distribution company and therefore their products are only sold through dealers. I'm 100% sure that every single employee there knows that very well.

At least for Leaf and Mamiya I can say from 1st hand experience that there are very few distributors world wide that provide such a high level of support and dedication and this is true not just in the photographic industry.

Yair

Yes, I'd agree.  MAC and Leaf America have been very good in my dealings with them.
Logged
snickgrr
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 270


WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 08:28:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: klane
Yair knows whats up and is fast to answer questions....

HOWEVER

Leaf's US sales/support is the worst I have ever encountered. They simply do not know what they are doing and are staffed by seemingly non professionals.  The only person Ive talked to at leaf that was ever friendly and very knowledgeable in the usa was a regional rep for my area I think his name is Bob. Id suggest anyone in the usa to bypass leaf and talk to PPR atlanta.

I also emailed to get pricing on the 65 and 65s...no word.

I have feeling its not directly Leaf's fault as it is mac group. Ive called multiple times about different products inthe mac group family only to be treated rudely and to come up empty handed on the info I needed. One time I was grunted at over the phone by the receptionist when I asked to speak to some one at leaf about adapters.

rant over.


Exact opposite of my view of LeafAmerica.  I have purchased multiple Leaf backs over the years and find their service excellent.  You will not find a more knowledgeable and helpful tech support then Rick Adshead.
Logged
smhoer
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 71


WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 09:38:52 PM »
ReplyReply

I got the following prices quoted.  Better than the previously posted but still high compared to Phase One pricing.
Aptus 65: $9995.
Aptus 65S: $10,895.
Aptus 75: $15,787.
Aptus 75S: $20,495.
Logged

Scott H.
North Carolina
klane
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 785

I live in a c-stand fort.


« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 12:17:20 AM »
ReplyReply

I was quoted the same.

65 for 9995?  the aptus ii 6 can be had in the dl28 package with a body and 2 lenses for 14995 (or less ive heard)  if you sell off the body and lenses you are looking at less than $10k for that back....

I just do not see how these are good deals.
Logged
Snook
Guest
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 07:51:10 AM »
ReplyReply

How low will they go in these rough times!!
Just wait... they will be even lower!!!

Snook

The Medium format dealers are starting to scramble...
Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad