Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Blue heron at Bolsa Chica wetlands  (Read 1643 times)
dalethorn
« on: December 24, 2008, 08:42:54 AM »
ReplyReply

Apologies for the low quality - I was lucky to get this at all.  The first shots I got approaching the bird had the branch covering the top of the head, so I moved closer and kept shooting until the bird flew off, and this was the last take.  Unfortunately, with the upward angle the top part of the head isn't visible, and the white strip of feathers just under that got lost in the backlighting.
Dave Hall

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 08:59:28 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: dalethorn
Apologies for the low quality - I was lucky to get this at all.  The first shots I got approaching the bird had the branch covering the top of the head, so I moved closer and kept shooting until the bird flew off, and this was the last take.  Unfortunately, with the upward angle the top part of the head isn't visible, and the white strip of feathers just under that got lost in the backlighting.

Good shot.

Chairman Bill

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »
ReplyReply

The way the bird is framed by the over-arching branch works really well.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 09:02:23 AM by Chairman Bill » Logged

new_haven

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 06:08:58 AM »
ReplyReply

When I saw your image, I thought of watercolor renderings of wildlife, so I tried to add some more color. As for framing, I just went with something a little different. Anyway, I liked your shot, but just couldn't resist making a few changes. -R

dalethorn
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 10:56:42 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: new_haven
When I saw your image, I thought of watercolor renderings of wildlife, so I tried to add some more color. As for framing, I just went with something a little different. Anyway, I liked your shot, but just couldn't resist making a few changes. -R

Looks really good.  The original was weak on color, due to weak light.  Your framing works better with the branch too.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad