Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Seagate HDD Failure  (Read 14434 times)
rsmphoto

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »
ReplyReply

FYI. I was able to successfully upgrade a Seagate ST31000340AS w/SD15 to SD1A using a Wiebetech RTX-200 external enclosure connected to an eSata PCi card in a MacPro 8-core. The ISO disk (CD) identified all my HD's (3 Western Digital, 1 Seagate) that were inside or connected to the MacPro, then allowed me to choose the upgradable HD in the Wiebetech enclosure, allowing a firmware upgrade to that disk only.

Worked like a charm.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:06:32 PM by rsmphoto » Logged
Morris Taub

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2009, 01:10:21 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: francois
Sorry for the delay..
That's what I understand... "Coupe le disque" is not a very technical explanation. I can imagine only two scenarios... Either the computer is shut down or - if this is an external HD - the HD switch is turned off before shut down.

thanks Francois...I just wonder, is there a way to know when you cross that 321 line?...kinda scary...

Morris Taub

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 01:13:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: rsmphoto
FYI. I was able to successfully upgrade a Seagate ST31000340AS w/SD15 to SD1A using a Wiebetech RTX-200 external enclosure connected to an eSata PCi card in a MacPro 8-core. The ISO disk (CD) identified all my HD's (3 Western Digital, 1 Seagate) that were inside or connected to the MacPro, then allowed me to choose the upgradable HD in the Wiebetech enclosure, allowing a firmware upgrade to that disk only.

Worked like a charm.

that's good to hear...I mean I haven't tried yet, but will soon...all my drives, five of 'em are in a burly enclosure...rick at macgurus said it should work fine, to upgrade the firmware via my macbook pro and the express34 card i use...I think I'll take out four drives, leave one in and see how it goes...I've already made the start up disc...adventures in computer land, don't you just love it?...

Snook
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »
ReplyReply

I just had 2 Seagates Barracudas 500 gigs each bought 7 months ago at B&H die on me after updating a MacPro.
Never had a problem with seagate in the past 6 years or so.. Been very reliable.
Will post more information as I found out what has happened...?

Snook

Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad