Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Lights at river Hrazdan  (Read 1350 times)
fotomachi

« on: January 26, 2009, 06:29:54 AM »
ReplyReply

I have been backpacking in Armenia in September/October. One day, I arrived in Tegher and pitched my tent. At sunset, there were fine views of the Ararat plains. At night, I was surprised to see a beautifully illuminated Yerevan. I decided to try to make a night view panorama, having no previous experience with this type of photography. This panorama has ~140 field of view and has been assembled from 2 rows of 7 exposures (16mm DX @ f/3.5, 30s, ISO1600 and Nikon D80). Most difficult issues were noise, moving clouds and the moon. Stiching the panorama had to be done manually. All by all, I don't find the result too bad.

A larger version can be found on my zenfolio-site: http://fotomachi.zenfolio.com/p937303503. There are some other photographs from Tegher as well. The somewhat brighter spot on the right is Zvartnots International Airport.

button

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:49:01 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: fotomachi
I have been backpacking in Armenia in September/October. One day, I arrived in Tegher and pitched my tent. At sunset, there were fine views of the Ararat plains. At night, I was surprised to see a beautifully illuminated Yerevan. I decided to try to make a night view panorama, having no previous experience with this type of photography. This panorama has ~140 field of view and has been assembled from 2 rows of 7 exposures (16mm DX @ f/3.5, 30s, ISO1600 and Nikon D80). Most difficult issues were noise, moving clouds and the moon. Stiching the panorama had to be done manually. All by all, I don't find the result too bad.

A larger version can be found on my zenfolio-site: http://fotomachi.zenfolio.com/p937303503. There are some other photographs from Tegher as well. The somewhat brighter spot on the right is Zvartnots International Airport.

Thats a pretty cool shot, and I like the juxtaposition of the clouds and stars.  In fact, the shot seems to be mostly about these clouds and stars, given the way you have it cropped.  I would suggest brightening the starry sky and blend it a bit more with the cloudy sky in order to create a bit more visual contrast with the city.  Right now, the shot is pretty dark overall, and I think the stars are competing with the city lights for attention.  I would love to see a repost with these edits.

John
wolfnowl

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:49:42 AM »
ReplyReply

John has some good ideas, but overall I think it's well done!

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad