Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Z3100 refusing to clean!!!  (Read 2544 times)
Rockarchive.com

« on: February 25, 2009, 05:41:10 AM »
ReplyReply

I am now on the verge of having 2 sightly smaller Z3100's instead of one big one... Where did I put that axe....

I have had problems cleaning the heads! It was fine for a year, self cleaning performed excellently, then, just after the year was up, the drop detector needed cleaning, I did this and also cleaned the service station, as the cleaning 'fingers' were covered in ink. It looks new in there now. I also changed ALL the print heads.

I spent yesterday performing cleaning runs... A waste of a day. This printer which started off in my life as the next greatest wonder of the world is now becoming more annoying than chewing gum on my shoe. I hope none looking for a new printer asks my opinion in the near future, it might lead to a drop in HP sales.

Our company is small and we have been using the printer everyday for over a year a technical bod even said, 'as these printers are new I have never seen one needing a clean in the service station as bad as this one.'

Does anyone have any advice? I am out of options. Should I spend the 500 for someone to replace the service station? Will this even fix the constant cleaning problem?

Lots of help will be very much appreciated!

Thanking you.  
KeithR

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:31:59 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Rockarchive.com
I am now on the verge of having 2 sightly smaller Z3100's instead of one big one... Where did I put that axe....

I have had problems cleaning the heads! It was fine for a year, self cleaning performed excellently, then, just after the year was up, the drop detector needed cleaning, I did this and also cleaned the service station, as the cleaning 'fingers' were covered in ink. It looks new in there now. I also changed ALL the print heads.

I spent yesterday performing cleaning runs... A waste of a day. This printer which started off in my life as the next greatest wonder of the world is now becoming more annoying than chewing gum on my shoe. I hope none looking for a new printer asks my opinion in the near future, it might lead to a drop in HP sales.

Our company is small and we have been using the printer everyday for over a year a technical bod even said, 'as these printers are new I have never seen one needing a clean in the service station as bad as this one.'

Does anyone have any advice? I am out of options. Should I spend the 500 for someone to replace the service station? Will this even fix the constant cleaning problem?

Lots of help will be very much appreciated!

Thanking you.  
I believe that you may get a better resopnse if this were in the correct subject forum.

The destination is our goal but its the journey that educates us.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad