Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: High Park  (Read 1759 times)
John R

« on: March 22, 2009, 06:26:33 AM »
ReplyReply

A couple of shots from High Park Toronto, taken just yesterday. Both a little ethereal and minimalist.

[attachment=12379:HP_ducks..._ptxcopy.jpg][attachment=12380:HP_abstr..._ptxcopy.
jpg]

JMR
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 12:51:58 AM by John R » Logged
AndrewKulin

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 07:47:05 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: John R
A couple of shots from High Park Toronto, taken just yesterday. Both a little ethereal and minimalist.

[attachment=12379:HP_ducks..._ptxcopy.jpg][attachment=12380:HP_abstr..._ptxcopy.
jpg]

JMR

I quite like them both, particularly the photograph of the Canada Geese.  On the second photograph, how did you achieve the blurred look?  Was it by vertical panning?

Andrew

dalethorn
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 01:24:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Good one with the geese. Looks a lot like an engraving on a high-priced outdoor-collector's item.
John R

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 03:30:01 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: AndrewKulin
I quite like them both, particularly the photograph of the Canada Geese.  On the second photograph, how did you achieve the blurred look?  Was it by vertical panning?

Andrew
That's right, it was vertical pan which I simply converted to BW. It took a few shots to achieve the look. If you pan too quickly, you get large amounts of blur and white streaks of sky. If you pan too slow, not enough blur. It was kind of dicy because I found there was a lag between pushing the shutter and when it would actually trigger. Thanks for the comments.

JMR
John R

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: dalethorn
Good one with the geese. Looks a lot like an engraving on a high-priced outdoor-collector's item.
Thanks for the comments. I always start off with low expectations and come out with something better than I thought possible.

JMR
ProPhotoInsights

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 04:43:05 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi,
Love the image of trees and the panning you have applied but I feel more contrast would help give it a bit more bite.
Just my 2 cents  

Cheers,
Simon

www.ProPhotoInsights.Net
Digital Photography Tutorials
"Step Behind The Scenes On Pro Photo Shoots"

www.plantphoto.com
PeterAit

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: ProPhotoInsights
Hi,
Love the image of trees and the panning you have applied but I feel more contrast would help give it a bit more bite.
Just my 2 cents  

Cheers,
Simon

The geese photo is wonderful, you have achieved a very unusual look. The trees don't do anything for me - the photo is too far removed from a photographic image for my tastes.

Peter

Peter
"Photographic technique is a means to an end, never the end itself."
View my photos at http://www.peteraitken.com
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad