Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: New DBs from Mamiya  (Read 21200 times)
ihv
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 78


WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2009, 12:30:55 PM »
ReplyReply

Unfortunately no news for me. I think that MF is still in the early development stage.
After all it is about sensor size but we are again seeing those cropped sensors popping
up and more over at my personal point of view no good price offer. Fast changes
in prices are good indication of maturity (though this time combined with a bad economy).
I'm only complaining because I'm more than sure this is about to change, I just need
to wait some more years. For 35mm it took quite a while to see FF, it's time for the MF,
sooner or later.
Logged
archivue
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 415


« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2009, 01:37:55 PM »
ReplyReply

Do you think that the M22 will be usable on a LF camera using a simple mam 645 plate and a sync cord, or it will be only usable with 645 Mamiya ?
Logged
Doug Peterson
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2753


WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: ihv
Unfortunately no news for me. I think that MF is still in the early development stage.
After all it is about sensor size but we are again seeing those cropped sensors popping
up and more over at my personal point of view no good price offer. Fast changes
in prices are good indication of maturity (though this time combined with a bad economy).
I'm only complaining because I'm more than sure this is about to change, I just need
to wait some more years. For 35mm it took quite a while to see FF, it's time for the MF,
sooner or later.

The future is now: the Phase One P65+ is a full frame medium format sensor.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
__________________
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
Logged

DOUG PETERSON (dep@digitaltransitions.com), Digital Transitions
Dealer for Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Profoto
Office: 877.367.8537
Cell: 740.707.2183
Phase One IQ250 FAQ
archivue
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 415


« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2009, 02:03:58 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: dougpetersonci
The future is now


By the way... you are working on sunday ?
Logged
Steve Hendrix
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1084


WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2009, 07:32:56 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: archivue
Do you think that the M22 will be usable on a LF camera using a simple mam 645 plate and a sync cord, or it will be only usable with 645 Mamiya ?


Yes, it will work fine on a LF camera.


Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Logged

Steve Hendrix
Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
MFDB: Phase One/Leaf-Mamiya/Hasselblad/Leica/Sinar
TechCam: Alpa/Cambo/Arca Swiss/Sinar
Direct: 404.543.8475
Doug Peterson
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2753


WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2009, 08:31:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: archivue
By the way... you are working on sunday ?

Licking my wounds from a trip to Vegas. Forums are what I do to relax.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:32:32 PM by dougpetersonci » Logged

DOUG PETERSON (dep@digitaltransitions.com), Digital Transitions
Dealer for Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Profoto
Office: 877.367.8537
Cell: 740.707.2183
Phase One IQ250 FAQ
Snook
Guest
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2009, 10:03:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: jimgolden
those new D lenses aren't cheaper, it's the legacy glass...then there is the leaf shutter issue, the list goes on and on...

Why can't they design an adaptor atleast for the older Leafshutter lens...Huh?
Snook
Logged
uaiomex
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 973


WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »
ReplyReply

No prices yet?
Ed
Logged
tho_mas
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1696


« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 01:39:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: uaiomex
No prices yet?
German price list:

Mamiya M31
Art.-Nr. 70 03 20
Preis: EUR 10.995,- zzgl. MwSt.

Mamiya M31 System
Mamiya 645 AFD III mit Sekor AF 2,8/80 mm D und M31 Back
Art.-Nr. 32 02 03
Preis: EUR 12.995,- zzgl. MwSt.

Mamiya M22
Art.-Nr. 70 02 30
Preis: EUR 10.995,- zzgl. MwSt.

Mamiya M22 System
Mamiya 645 AFD III mit Sekor AF 2,8/80 mm D und M22 Back
Art.-Nr. 32 02 02
Preis: EUR 12.995,- zzgl. MwSt.
 
Mamiya M18
Art.-Nr. 70 01 20
Preis: EUR 7.995,- zzgl. MwSt.

Mamiya M18 System
Mamiya 645 AFD III mit Sekor AF 2,8/80 mm D und M18 Back
Art.-Nr. 32 02 01
Preis: EUR 9.995,- zzgl. MwSt.

Mamiya ZD Back Double Buffer
Art.-Nr. 21 05 25
Preis: EUR 4.990,- zzgl. MwSt.

Mamiya ZD Back Set
Mamiya 645 AFD III mit Sekor AF 2,8/80 mm D und ZD Back DB
Art.-Nr. 32 60 30
Preis: EUR 7.980,- zzgl. MwSt.

If you buy a Mamiya ZD Back Set or a Mamiya ZD camera one of these lenses is free on top:

Mamiya AF 2,8/55 mm
Mamiya AF 4,0/210 mm ULD
Mamiya AF 4,5/300 mm AP
Mamiya AF 4,5/55-110 mm Zoom
Mamiya AF 4,5/105-210 mm ULD


Logged
Graham Mitchell
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2282



WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 01:44:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: tho_mas
Mamiya M22
Art.-Nr. 70 02 30
Preis: EUR 10.995,- zzgl. MwSt.

Wow, that's steep. Comparing it to my 22MP back (Sinar eMotion54LV), the Sinar has a 3yr warranty, built-in solid state memory, live view and adapter system, and I believe it's around €6K now.

The Mamiya M31 seems more on a par with the Sinar eSprit65 pricewise and has same resolution, but of course the Sinar has 3yr warranty again (best of all MFDBs), the 3" VGA screen (best of all MFDBs), built in DNG and JPEG processing (the only MFDB to offer this), etc.

Brand loyalty aside, I can't see why anyone would buy these Mamiya backs at these prices.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:47:38 PM by foto-z » Logged

Graham Mitchell - www.graham-mitchell.com
tho_mas
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1696


« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 01:52:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: foto-z
Comparing it to my 22MP back (Sinar eMotion54LV), the Sinar has a 3yr warranty, built-in solid state memory, live view and adapter system, and I believe it's around 6K now...
Brand loyalty aside, I can't see why anyone would buy these Mamiya backs at these prices.
well, Mamiya sells the ZD back with similar specs for 5K ...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:53:45 PM by tho_mas » Logged
BJL
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5120


« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: tho_mas
German price list:

Mamiya M31
Preis: EUR 10.995,- zzgl. MwSt.

Mamiya M31 System
Mamiya 645 AFD III mit Sekor AF 2,8/80 mm D und M31 Back
Preis: EUR 12.995,- zzgl. MwSt.

Interesting: the extra cost of adding a body and lens is a relatively tiny EUR 2,000 for each back. This goes with the idea that DMF profits are dominated by backs, not by bodies or standard lenses (maybe subsequent lenses are a good profit source too.) Note also that Phase One is now effectively in control of the Mamiya 645 system, and that former executives of the back maker Imacon are mostly run the new "Hasselblad", and do it the former Imacon offices in Denmark.

This all suggests that there is little hope of the Hy6 system opening itself to Phase One backs: if the Hy6 back-makers (Leaf and Sinar, and Sinar's owner Jenoptic) are the main money makers, they probably control the decisions, and they have no incentive to share back sales with Phase One.

Logged
Graham Mitchell
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2282



WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2009, 02:52:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: tho_mas
well, Mamiya sells the ZD back with similar specs for 5K ...

Not sure what you mean - the ZD is not similar in specs to the e54LV at all, other than MP count.
Logged

Graham Mitchell - www.graham-mitchell.com
tho_mas
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1696


« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 03:30:27 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: foto-z
Not sure what you mean
was just referring to the chip size and the resolution... which are in the first step the most significant specs
Logged
RobertJ
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 584


« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 04:01:58 PM »
ReplyReply

I don't see the Mamiya backs as new products.

The Mamiya cameras had to be rebadged as Phase One, and now the old Phase One backs are going to be rebadged as Mamiya.  Nice... and weird.  But now I can buy Phase backs at any retailer that carries Mamiya products.  That's good, but the prices better be a hell of a lot cheaper for this to make any sense at all.

Right now, I think the Mamiya DL33 (AFDIII and Leaf Aptus-II 7) is the best Mamiya package out there, but that's because I really like the Leaf files.
Logged
Fotogman
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 15


« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2009, 04:26:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: T-1000
I don't see the Mamiya backs as new products.

The Mamiya cameras had to be rebadged as Phase One, and now the old Phase One backs are going to be rebadged as Mamiya.  Nice... and weird.  But now I can buy Phase backs at any retailer that carries Mamiya products.  That's good, but the prices better be a hell of a lot cheaper for this to make any sense at all.

Right now, I think the Mamiya DL33 (AFDIII and Leaf Aptus-II 7) is the best Mamiya package out there, but that's because I really like the Leaf files.

I have to agree on the DL33 package, but even better is that you can now get a demo DL28 (AFDIII/80mm Dig. Lens & Aptus II-6) for under 10k ($9,999.00). Thats with a full warranty too. I agree on the Leaf files too.
Logged
Leonardo Barreto
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 379



WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2009, 05:18:56 PM »
ReplyReply

...sorry, posted in the wrong thread ...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 05:35:23 PM by Leonardo Barreto » Logged

The important thing is not to stop questioning---Albert Einstein.
My Webpage/LeonardoBarreto.com
Leonardo Barreto alamy
BernardLanguillier
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7725



WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2009, 05:30:21 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: tho_mas
was just referring to the chip size and the resolution... which are in the first step the most significant specs

Don't they also use the same sensor?

Cheers,
Bernard
Logged

A few images online here!
mcfoto
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 938


WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2009, 06:20:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: BernardLanguillier
Don't they also use the same sensor?

Cheers,
Bernard
I think they use the same Dalsa 22 MP CCD sensor
I refer to ZD (camera & back), Aptus 22 or 54s & Some Sinar ( A few use the Kodak)
Phase 40+ & 65+ (dalsa) the M18,22 &31 are Kodak.

http://www.dalsa.com/sensors/applications/dsc.aspx
Denis
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:14:56 PM by mcfoto » Logged

Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell
www.montalbetticampbell.com
shutay
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 203


WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »
ReplyReply

The ZD back uses a Dalsa sensor, and so does the P65+ and all the Leaf backs.

The P20, P21, P30, P25, P45 and P20+, P21+, P30+, P25+ and P45+ all use Kodak sensors. This is from memory but I'm pretty sure this is correct.
Logged
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad