Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Sekonic Digital Master L-758D Light Meter  (Read 4815 times)
EdinburghGary
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 19


« on: May 20, 2009, 03:22:26 AM »
ReplyReply

Forgive me for failing to use the search menu, but just about to run into a meeting at work, and I am wondering if the light meter, "Sekonic Digital Master L-758D Light Meter" would do all I need in order to get accurate expsoures with my RB67 and Landscape Photography?

My local Calumet has it in stock, and I leave for a week in the Isle of Mull on Friday, would be great to get an accurate digital meter before I leave.

Here is the link to the model on Calumet:
http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/335-290D/

Another option is the Kenko KFM-2100...which has amazing reviews, 300.

Any advice appreciated.

Gary.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:29:47 AM by EdinburghGary » Logged
ddk
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 274


WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 06:35:59 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EdinburghGary
Forgive me for failing to use the search menu, but just about to run into a meeting at work, and I am wondering if the light meter, "Sekonic Digital Master L-758D Light Meter" would do all I need in order to get accurate expsoures with my RB67 and Landscape Photography?

My local Calumet has it in stock, and I leave for a week in the Isle of Mull on Friday, would be great to get an accurate digital meter before I leave.

Here is the link to the model on Calumet:
http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/335-290D/

Another option is the Kenko KFM-2100...which has amazing reviews, 300.

Any advice appreciated.

Gary.


Of course & then some but it's overkill if you're shooting film. This model has a feature for matching it's sensitivity to the output of 3 of your digital cameras, they have less expensive models with same features minus the sensor matching.
Logged

david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk
EdinburghGary
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 19


« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 06:49:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: ddk
Of course & then some but it's overkill if you're shooting film. This model has a feature for matching it's sensitivity to the output of 3 of your digital cameras, they have less expensive models with same features minus the sensor matching.


Thanks DDK.

The Kenko KFM-2100 I can get for a lot cheaper, 300 next day delivered in fact.  Seems to have very good reviews too.  Any thoughts on this model?

Gary.
Logged
ChrisJR
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 217


WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 12:00:28 PM »
ReplyReply

You could always try picking up a L558 second hand. Ffordes usually have them in stock or alternatively ebay. I used it when I shot film and after calibration it always metered perfectly.
Logged
ddk
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 274


WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EdinburghGary
Thanks DDK.

The Kenko KFM-2100 I can get for a lot cheaper, 300 next day delivered in fact.  Seems to have very good reviews too.  Any thoughts on this model?

Gary.


Don't know anything about the Kenko, the two top rated brands are Sekonic and Gossen.
Logged

david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad