Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: For Sale Phase one P45+  (Read 5110 times)
felix5616

« on: May 21, 2009, 06:17:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Mint condition Phase one P45+ with mamiya mount, Capture one DB software, Phase one case, operating manual, 2 batteries, battery charger and 4GB CF card. Works perfectly. Photos and references available.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:17:49 PM by felix5616 » Logged
digitalcameraman

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 08:33:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: felix5616
Mint condition Phase one P45+ with mamiya mount, Capture one DB software, Phase one case, operating manual, 2 batteries, battery charger and 4GB CF card. Works perfectly. Photos and references available.

Leo:

I saw you post after I poured my first glass of wine tonight. Now when I stopped in LL and before I had even poured the third one, you have the P45+ Mamiya you just purchased on the block for sale.

What the hell. I am telling you that you will love the quality coming from your previous capture device a Mamiya ZD. There is not better product out there , in my opinion, except a P65+. And if you want one of those, call me.

When I spoke to you were looking forward to retiring and taking your digital photography hobby to the next level. You have the hardware to do that now and like all the others have told you take a few deep breaths. Something I think you know a lot about in your profession.

If I am missing something, sorry for the coaching, that is all I know to do after spending 20 years consulting photographers in this high end arena.

Digital Transitions will help you and if they will not both of these forums are a wealth of good people willing to help with no strings attached.

I hope you find some closure on this topic and when you look back on it, you will find it just was just cold feet.

Good Luck,

Chris Snipes
Image Production, Inc
Phase One Reseller
Phase One Test Studio

www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

Chris Snipes
Business Development Manager
Calumet Photo
1001 N Federal Hwy
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
chris.snipes@calumetphoto.com
813-335-2473 Cell
felix5616

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: digitalcameraman
Leo:

I saw you post after I poured my first glass of wine tonight. Now when I stopped in LL and before I had even poured the third one, you have the P45+ Mamiya you just purchased on the block for sale.

What the hell. I am telling you that you will love the quality coming from your previous capture device a Mamiya ZD. There is not better product out there , in my opinion, except a P65+. And if you want one of those, call me.

When I spoke to you were looking forward to retiring and taking your digital photography hobby to the next level. You have the hardware to do that now and like all the others have told you take a few deep breaths. Something I think you know a lot about in your profession.

If I am missing something, sorry for the coaching, that is all I know to do after spending 20 years consulting photographers in this high end arena.

Digital Transitions will help you and if they will not both of these forums are a wealth of good people willing to help with no strings attached.

I hope you find some closure on this topic and when you look back on it, you will find it just was just cold feet.

Good Luck,

Chris Snipes
Image Production, Inc
Phase One Reseller
Phase One Test Studio

www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com
i appreciate the sentiment but when the level of frustration is greater than the level of satisfaction its time to move on. I shoot purely for pleasure, film being my main interest. I have had scant few disappointments with film, scanning and printing.  Life is too short to waste on hobbies that require and advanced degree of education to accomplish what can be done with simpler methods(film in this case). For every new device that is released the level of training required to successfully accomplish ones goal gets more and more arduous and demanding. In the end i still get bigger files, better images and more pleasure using film and scanning for print.
I am fortunate that i do not make my living from photography(i did in the past), and more fortunate that i can afford to walk away bad investment and poor product choices.
For all the aggravation and time required to fully realize the potential of these devices the prices they are charging are criminal. I have never read a manual for any film camera(and i own 10 different format/types of cameras), learned to develop negatives with the simplest of written guidelines and have had few disappointment in doing so.
Imaging needing to take a training course every time you purchased a new car, car sales would plummet.
Thats my "technology sucks" rant.
felix5616

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 11:40:50 PM »
ReplyReply

Willing to consider a trade for a Nikon D3X body and nikon glass
EricWHiss

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 12:04:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Just curious - how much are you asking and does this come with the warrantee with one mount change? Someday I'd like to have a p45+ for my Rollei 6008 AF.  

Funny though - I look at Film the way you do digital.  All the things to learn about processing and printing film... filters, scanning, different kinds of film and paper.   Sure makes digital look easy to me.  

Authorized Rolleiflex Dealer:
Find product information, download user manuals, or purchase online - Rolleiflex USA
felix5616

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 07:05:54 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EricWHiss
Just curious - how much are you asking and does this come with the warrantee with one mount change? Someday I'd like to have a p45+ for my Rollei 6008 AF.  

Funny though - I look at Film the way you do digital.  All the things to learn about processing and printing film... filters, scanning, different kinds of film and paper.   Sure makes digital look easy to me.
i am asking $13,000 plus shipping. $14,500 if you want a mamiya AFD with 35mm and 55mm lens.
leo
micmatthews

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 08:45:14 AM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

Are you sure you do not want training or a tech from digital transitions to call you? We would be more than happy to help.
Please call or email me.

Best regards,
Michelle Matthews
Digital Transitions
mrm@digitaltransitions.com
www.digitaltransitions.com
Snook
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 09:23:06 AM »
ReplyReply

i am asking $13,000 plus shipping. $14,500 if you want a mamiya AFD with 35mm and 55mm lens.
leo

Wow, that is a damn good price!! You'l sell it quick I imagine!!
Wish I would have waited a year or so to buy my P30..

Good luck, I am very tempted

Snook
jcote

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 08:26:28 AM »
ReplyReply

....I shoot purely for pleasure, film being my main interest. I have had scant few disappointments with film, scanning and printing.  Life is too short to waste on hobbies that require and advanced degree of education to accomplish what can be done with simpler methods(film in this case).....
.....Imaging needing to take a training course every time you purchased a new car, car sales would plummet.

Great rant Felix. I used to do some talks about digital photography for a large company in the digital output field. People in the audience would always comment to me in the Q&A sessions that digital certainly made photography easier. I would tell them that at a certain event we photographers used to get rolls of film in the morning which we would turn in after the event and be able to leave at 5:00pm. Now that we are digital we come back to the media center after the event to sort and edit and can't leave until midnight. I love my digital workflow but I am not sure it is easier.

JohnCote

neil snape

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 10:52:15 AM »
ReplyReply

i appreciate the sentiment but when the level of frustration is greater than the level of satisfaction its time to move on. I shoot purely for pleasure, film being my main interest. I have had scant few disappointments with film, scanning and printing.  Life is too short to waste on hobbies that require and advanced degree of education to accomplish what can be done with simpler methods(film in this case). For every new device that is released the level of training required to successfully accomplish ones goal gets more and more arduous and demanding. In the end i still get bigger files, better images and more pleasure using film and scanning for print.
I am fortunate that i do not make my living from photography(i did in the past), and more fortunate that i can afford to walk away bad investment and poor product choices.
For all the aggravation and time required to fully realize the potential of these devices the prices they are charging are criminal. I have never read a manual for any film camera(and i own 10 different format/types of cameras), learned to develop negatives with the simplest of written guidelines and have had few disappointment in doing so.
Imaging needing to take a training course every time you purchased a new car, car sales would plummet.

Funny today a person that bought one of my Hasselblad lenses came by to pick it up. He was more interested in photography, using film to capture images than to keep up with the latest digital. He prefers B&W from film, which I agree on MF can be developed to a better end result if that is you thing for great film B&W images. As much as I appreciate the workflow and digital capture, B&W seems to still hold a strong edge when all the long learned lessons are there.
I cannot understand why the digital push makes Carl Zeiss glass for the old cameras near worthless compared to the new lenses priced so much higher. Excuse me but the prices on MF are not justified if you have to upgrade every new round, shoot so much that you can sell enough for the immediate obsolescence.
I am sure that the camera you have decided is not the right solution for you is very capable, but I respect your experience and that will let you return to photography as you like it rather than what so many think it should be.  

PS just got back from an expo from the Italian photographers in the 60's who shot on set, all printed from neg, all just as much a photo or more than I can produce with digital. Same goes for the Avedon show, etc.

Josh Marten

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 04:09:08 PM »
ReplyReply

I empathize with your plight, but might suggest you would consider adopting a different point of view.  Indeed, as technology advances, additional knowledge will be a benefit to take full advantage of the instruments.  

I am a former dealer, and have no particular investment anymore what happens to the digital equipment market any longer; indeed, I believe many of the high end digital companies have gotten ahead of themselves in software advancement, to the detriment of work flow.  When I trained my loyal customers, I always took a workflow approach, not a feature approach.  "What am I starting with, and where do I want to be?"  Their may be 30 tools available in the software, but if I only need 4 of them to make a beautiful image - so be it".  

To the those revolting from the technology, take a step back.  Instead of asking how to use all the features, ask what features you will need to accomplish your goal.  I support your right to complain to your dealer and manufacturer reps.  Digital backs are no longer just a top pro tool (there are too many in the market for that now) and they are at some level competing directly with SLRs.  Digital back companies would do wise to understand this and allow the softwares to be geared for a simplified work flow.

So, perhaps the latest version of Capture One is not your particular brand of vodka.  Will Photoshop conversion do?  Can you ask your dealer to come up with a step by step workflow guide?  Are they willing (and able) to do it?  I taught digital photography work flow for 8 years, until the end of last year.  What I did for my customers using Leaf, Phase One, and Hasselblad softwares was to look toward a goal and learn to ignore the extra crap along the way.  I also created exclusive workflow guides to MAKE THE SOFTWARE EASY.  These I gave free to my clients, a value add of my service.

The Phase One back is (in my opinion) the easiest professional tool to use for photography, bar none.  This includes SLRs, which have gotten so laden and confused with crap it is incredible.  Pic an ISO, pick a color balance, shoot the damn camera, check your histogram.  This is how shooting should be, not messing with menus and buttons.  When I left the pro photography training world, I took a Phase One back with me, although I worked with Leaf and Hassey as well.

Revert to film for the art, for the joy, and for the meantime.  Don't revert because of frustration.  You have a wonderful, fun, (and expensive) tool.  Use it.  Simplify.  Force your dealer or manufacturer to work for YOU and make it easy.

That is the end of my rant.

Josh Marten.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 04:12:09 PM by JoshAtGlobal » Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad