Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: 16:9.net's Lever-Operated Nikkor G to EOS adapter  (Read 3027 times)
achrisproduction
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 109


« on: June 02, 2009, 07:51:08 PM »
ReplyReply

anyone tried it?
Logged
marcmccalmont
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1724



« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:53:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Yes and I love it!!!!! I tried the rotating adapter first and the lever adapter is much better, just used it today, Nikkor 14-24/Canon 5DII
Marc
[attachment=14254:IMG_2987...eat_room.jpg]
Logged

Marc McCalmont
achrisproduction
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 109


« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:56:06 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: marcmccalmont
Yes and I love it!!!!! I tried the rotating adapter first and the lever adapter is much better, just used it today, Nikkor 14-24/Canon 5DII
Marc
[attachment=14254:IMG_2987...eat_room.jpg]
hi thanks for replying.  Could you show me more pics please and is the metering accurate and AF confirmation accurate?  
Logged
marcmccalmont
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1724



« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:12:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: achrisproduction
hi thanks for replying.  Could you show me more pics please and is the metering accurate and AF confirmation accurate?  

Both metering and AF confirmation seem to be accurate, I tend to use this lens on a tripod in manual mode so I focus using liveview and ETTR with the histogram, I'll post more pics when I'm on my other computer
Marc
Logged

Marc McCalmont
Chris Pollock
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 213


« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 06:31:01 AM »
ReplyReply

I ordered one a few days ago, so that I can use the Nikon 14-24. I expect it will be a long wait, but it should be worth it if I get it eventually.
Logged
davewolfs
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 97


« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 08:28:16 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Chris Pollock
I ordered one a few days ago, so that I can use the Nikon 14-24. I expect it will be a long wait, but it should be worth it if I get it eventually.

Does metering work with this adapter and the 5D Mark II?  How easy is it to switch lenses with the lever version?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:29:04 AM by davewolfs » Logged
marcmccalmont
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1724



« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 06:33:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: davewolfs
Does metering work with this adapter and the 5D Mark II?  How easy is it to switch lenses with the lever version?

Exposure metering and focus confirmation work. I tend to use it in manual mode but aperture priority works also. Most of my use with this lens is on a tripod so liveview (exposure simulation) works well. I manually focus using liveview, adjust shutter speed and shoot. The adapter does not use a set screw so changing it out  is straight forward.
Marc
Logged

Marc McCalmont
davewolfs
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 97


« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 09:19:05 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: marcmccalmont
Exposure metering and focus confirmation work. I tend to use it in manual mode but aperture priority works also. Most of my use with this lens is on a tripod so liveview (exposure simulation) works well. I manually focus using liveview, adjust shutter speed and shoot. The adapter does not use a set screw so changing it out  is straight forward.
Marc

In order for the exposure to work, does the chip need to be installed on the adapter, I know that there are two options with and without chip (For AF confirmation).  Will exposure work without the chip?
Logged
marcmccalmont
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1724



« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 04:05:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: davewolfs
In order for the exposure to work, does the chip need to be installed on the adapter, I know that there are two options with and without chip (For AF confirmation).  Will exposure work without the chip?
My understanding is the chip is required for focus confirmation only not exposure metering
Marc
Logged

Marc McCalmont
Chris Pollock
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 213


« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 06:36:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: marcmccalmont
Yes and I love it!!!!! I tried the rotating adapter first and the lever adapter is much better, just used it today, Nikkor 14-24/Canon 5DII
Marc
[attachment=14254:IMG_2987...eat_room.jpg]
How long did you have to wait for it to arrive?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad