Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: NYC Hawks  (Read 1199 times)
Jeremy Payne
« on: July 04, 2009, 08:06:49 AM »
ReplyReply

There's a surprising abundance of wildlife in Manhattan.  We even get the occasional lost coyote.

Nearby my apartment in Riverside Park, we have a pair of nesting Red Tail Hawks that had three babies this year.  The biggest of the three died when it was hit by a car, but the other two are still going strong.  It has been fun watching them learn to fly.

Birds are generally not my thing, but I have had the occasion to shoot them a couple times ... here's some shots of mom and the babies ...

Enjoy!

Ed Blagden

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Nice work

I like #1 the best - I think the others suffer because of blown sky (impossible to avoid I know) and / or foreground twigs getting in the way.  But #1 doesn't have these issues and is damn good.

Ed
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:27:21 AM by Ed B » Logged

Visit my Flickr page
shutterpup

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:46 PM »
ReplyReply

Like Ed said, #1. What I especially like about it is the great camo effect of the tree trunk against the hawk's wings. And especially, no blown out sky to detract!
RSL

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 03:10:12 PM »
ReplyReply

It's a neat series. I agree that asf art, #1 excels. Good shooting.

button

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 08:49:15 AM »
ReplyReply

I think if you crop out the blown out bit of sky in #1 (or at least pull down its brightness level), you'd make it even stronger.  The lines work quite well in that shot.  Good work.

John
cmi

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »
ReplyReply

I like the first most!
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad