Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: White Sands Moonrise  (Read 2979 times)
Ray

« on: July 20, 2009, 01:16:00 AM »
ReplyReply

Michaels's current front page photo exceeds in simplicity even his prevous one of footprints in the desert sand.

Again, there's something captivating about such shots. Our normal experience is of complication and confusion. It's startling to see something that's so uncluttered.
Rob C

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:12:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Ray
It's startling to see something that's so uncluttered.

Just like my mind, then, Ray.

Rob C

cmi

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:50:54 AM »
ReplyReply

I wonder if the horizon is deliberately tilted or if the massif in the background really rises so dramatically. I would think its tilt, and that the image clearly benefits from it.

//ed: typo
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:53:11 AM by Christian Miersch » Logged
michael
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »
ReplyReply

The camera is bubble level aligned. The mountains are receding to the right. The tilt is an optical illusion.

Michael
Rob C

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: michael
The camera is bubble level aligned. The mountains are receding to the right. The tilt is an optical illusion.

Michael

Canīt trust champagne in the desert - well know to disorientate absolutely anyone! As for what it does when you try to use its bubbles to align cameras - well!

Rob C

cmi

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 12:43:50 PM »
ReplyReply

Michael

That makes it even more impressive.
kikashi

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 01:57:05 PM »
ReplyReply

Michael, why is there no larger image? Usually clicking on your showpiece opens a larger version, but with this one the alternative is the same size.

Jeremy
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 01:59:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Rob C
Canīt trust champagne in the desert - well know to disorientate absolutely anyone! As for what it does when you try to use its bubbles to align cameras - well!

Rob C
Rob: I suggest you go for a better grade of Champagne. While lookign at Michael's image, drink glass after glass until the horizon looks sufficiently level to you. 

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Rob C

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 03:38:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EricM
Rob: I suggest you go for a better grade of Champagne. While lookign at Michael's image, drink glass after glass until the horizon looks sufficiently level to you. 

Ah Eric, here in Spain they lost the Champagne wars and only lower case(s) will do; not just any old sparkler will pass muster anymore. Perhaps itīs all the fault of Napoleon who is repute to have said of it: In victory you deserve it; in defeat you need it. It is not reported whether Napoleon was given to photography, though, and there is danger in following him too far along the silver path.

Rob C

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad